Chappy retires :( Merged - BBC Interview (P6)

Re: Chappy retires :(

It always seems strange to me that we all know who the kitman at city is. I don't know a single kitman's name at any other club, although of course I've never really wanted to know.

It just seems completely insignificant and (while I am sure he's done a good job) in the little bits I've seen of him on tv he doesn't strike me as being that professional or fit in with our current image of being a world footballing powerhouse. He just seems like a joker.

I would suspect his replacement keeps a very low profile and just does what they are meant to do e.g. Wash the kit.

goater1978 said:
It always seems strange to me that we all know who the kitman at city is. I don't know a single kitman's name at any other club, although of course I've never really wanted to know.

It just seems completely insignificant and (while I am sure he's done a good job) in the little bits I've seen of him on tv he doesn't strike me as being that professional or fit in with our current image of being a world footballing powerhouse. He just seems like a joker.

I would suspect his replacement keeps a very low profile and just does what they are meant to do e.g. Wash the kit.

I would suspect that his replacement will be exactly the same as Chappy. Humour is an absolutely vital presence in a dressing room of athletes and it can't come from the management team in certain circumstances. This is why every manager since Horton has praised the guy continuously, he makes their job easier

Some right snide people on here at times

What about the the chappy awards?
What I've seen of him on the city website he seems a top bloke, fun to work with and kept things ticking over. ...
Ah well nothing lasts forever. ..

At least he's retiring a "Chappy-on"

And no, no I'll not get my coat.

manimanc said:
What about the the chappy awards?
What I've seen of him on the city website he seems a top bloke, fun to work with and kept things ticking over. ...
Ah well nothing lasts forever. ..

Will never forget Big Nigel De Jong's award for scoring his first goal. A Big Bumper Edition Volume of NDJ Goals in a City Shirt on DVD up until that point

Take it this was the post match announcement that had everyone 2nd guessing on Saturday?!?!?

Damocles said:
goater1978 said:

I would suspect that his replacement will be exactly the same as Chappy. Humour is an absolutely vital presence in a dressing room of athletes and it can't come from the management team in certain circumstances. This is why every manager since Horton has praised the guy continuously, he makes their job easier

Some right snide people on here at times

Isn't that small young guy with hair in mess and bit bearded kitman too? He is acting as crazy as Chappy does and he is very close to players too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.