Charity Shield - Post Match Thread

Because he wouldn't get in our team.
A lot of people in this forum including me took a lot of stick for questioning the jorghinio signing. I'm hopeful that its clear why we were opposed to it. Good player but so is fabregas. Doesn't mean you would have in are team. If anything. I am being unfair as he did not have much support but all the same their is no way he would start over any of are players who can sit in ferns position. No fuckin way. Ps. Feel sorry for Sarri he's up against with an unbalanced squad not capable of playing the way he wants to play. Chelsea reminded me of us in peps first year but without any seeds of optimism about what their trying to do.

Well that was very good. Nice goal to start it off, played through them making it look pretty easy. Glad Phil got the assist and privelleged to see the 200th City goal for our living legend Sergio Kun Agüero!! Sweet interception Stones for the counter-attack, to Gündoğan, Bernardo and a cool finish motm Sergio. Everyone played well but thought Bernardo was exemplary off the ball aswell as on it and a joy to see Mendy bombing forward and playing well. Couldn't wish for much more today, looks like we've picked up where we left off.

Aguero, Bernardo, Foden, Mendy and Laporte were all great.

Good cameo by Diaz also.

We played much much better than I expected.

The hungar is still there, sets the tone for the new season.

Laughed out loud when Camelgob was describing Aguero as the best forward he’d played against in the EPL and that bellend Sutton interrupted in disbelief and said “What, better than Kane?!”......to which came the simple answer “Yes”.

Impressive the way that whoever is on the pitch the system stays as irresistible as ever. This will be very important as the fixtures pile up during the season.
Foden looked like a veteran instead of a kid, but I’d like to see him working on his upper-body strength as he seemed to get brushed off the ball a couple of times. I remember Dave did this early in his City career and now it’s virtually impossible to knock him off the ball.

Just want to set the record straight Ive been a Blue all my life and was stopped from replying to the match day forum today because of my opinion on Aguero. Well done with the 2 goals today and I hope he scores many more. I just don't see him putting the work in like he used to do.
Aye, how it makes you wish for Bob Taylor.

A lot of people in this forum including me took a lot of stick for questioning the jorghinio signing. I'm hopeful that its clear why we were opposed to it. Good player but so is fabregas. Doesn't mean you would have in are team. If anything. I am being unfair as he did not have much support but all the same their is no way he would start over any of are players who can sit in ferns position. No fuckin way. Ps. Feel sorry for Sarri he's up against with an unbalanced squad not capable of playing the way he wants to play. Chelsea reminded me of us in peps first year but without any seeds of optimism about what their trying to do.

I thought he was the best option out of those available but even allowing for pre season, we can see that he is a level behind our players in movement, irrespective of his one touch ability.

Be carefull fellow blues... remember granny shagger “teaching us a lesson” few yrs ago? 1st “trophy” turned out well for the trafford twats :)
Mmmm, I have only read the comments, sounds like a great match, my only reservation is that recently Community Shield winners have gone on to have poor seasons.
Let's hope this is the exception.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.