Charlie McNeil??

Say we do get a ban which is unlikely. We’re going to have to rely on brining three younger players. What annoys me is that Eric Garcia plays very well for the games he’s in but is dropped for no apparent reason. THB has played very well in cup games and is a proper blue but I’m afraid he’ll end have to leave because we go and spread £80 million on a centre half. The kids are good enough but because we’ve become obsessed with winning we want to fill a problem by spending £50 million or more when we’ve got good enough players in the academy for free. Financial fair play wouldn’t even be a question if we filled problems with talent instead of money.

I know his family well and played in a number of teams that his granddad ran in the eighties. Both his Dad, who coaches part time at City and his Granddad whilst being Rags are sensible people and will do what is best for Charlie, if they think it is best for him to stay at City he will.

I'd love to see more youth but do you think that playing Garcia or TBH would have brought us closer to Liverpool.
Mate it’s Liverpool’s year. We don’t know if they had make the same mistakes as say it’s Otamendi has because we haven’t seen enough of them. THB is very much still developing and not pushing for a start but Garcia despite his lack of pace is good enough to play every week. Next season I can see nico going and stones going leaving two centre half spaces we need to fill. One has to be Eric and depending on a ban either it’s a world class CB or it’s Tosin or THB

Academy is money mill. its all about to help fund spending sprees. No issues with that. The competition out there is really strong. Even Barca do not give two fucks about La Masia anymore.

Its all about trophies at top level.

Academy is money mill. its all about to help fund spending sprees. No issues with that. The competition out there is really strong. Even Barca do not give two fucks about La Masia anymore.

Its all about trophies at top level.
Its the same with every single club pretty much. Barca had a a freak crop of players come through and they still live of that reputation. United with their crop of youngsters in the 90's still live of that reputation for bringing youth through. I've heard liverpool being touted as a great breading ground for youth, however before TAA they haven't had a decent young player for a decade or more so none have been given a chance. If City had 5 or 6 freakish players (thats what it takes to make it at City) all come through together then one day we would be hailed as the new model. Reality is its a money making arm of the club and anything else is a bonus.

He is Gone.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-starlet-charlie-mcneil-22002333

"The U16 England international looks set to leave the Etihad with Juventus and RB Leipzig fighting out an increasingly-tense battle for him.

McNeil, 16, is regarded as being the next off the production line from the club's academy, and has just broken into the Three Lions' junior ranks.

But he is feeling increasingly-undervalued by the hierarchy at Manchester City and that has sparked a bidding war from the continent."

We are In the process of signing McNeil's Replacement, Luka Reischl(Jan 2004) from RB Salzburg.

https://www.worldfootballscouting.c...i/luka-reischl-talento-austriaco-classe-2004/
(Google translate does a good job)

"Austria in recent years has never had a center-forward as promising as Luka Reischl, a powerful and technical striker.

Reischl is a true force of nature, a center forward with great physical strength combined with an excellent basic technique."

Luka Reischl (16) just signed a new deal with RB Salzburg.

Maybe Charlie McNeil is not leaving for certain? Delap would be our only striker in U18 & U23.

I don't have any other info, but can't rule out that McNeil is maybe trying to get a better deal with us.

Time will tell.

Say we do get a ban which is unlikely. We’re going to have to rely on brining three younger players. What annoys me is that Eric Garcia plays very well for the games he’s in but is dropped for no apparent reason. THB has played very well in cup games and is a proper blue but I’m afraid he’ll end have to leave because we go and spread £80 million on a centre half. The kids are good enough but because we’ve become obsessed with winning we want to fill a problem by spending £50 million or more when we’ve got good enough players in the academy for free. Financial fair play wouldn’t even be a question if we filled problems with talent instead of money.
There are a handful of players who could even been backups.
Angus Gunn but he needed to develop for his own game.
Marcos Lopez of been a squad player and developed even better.
Sancho obviously but his choice maybe if others before him got a chance it might of been different.
Maffeo ahead of danilo and cancelo could of done the job they did.
Frimpong was it who went to celtic? Same as maffeo.
Others though could have played more and we wouldnt have got pittance for them.

Its the same with every single club pretty much. Barca had a a freak crop of players come through and they still live of that reputation. United with their crop of youngsters in the 90's still live of that reputation for bringing youth through. I've heard liverpool being touted as a great breading ground for youth, however before TAA they haven't had a decent young player for a decade or more so none have been given a chance. If City had 5 or 6 freakish players (thats what it takes to make it at City) all come through together then one day we would be hailed as the new model. Reality is its a money making arm of the club and anything else is a bonus.
It's possible now though. Foden, doyle, thb, garcia, palmer, McNeil, braaf, the young goalie?, Roger's, delap. If we cant get a decent 4 out of these then it's pointless. To be fair though Diaz, Lopes, tosin, maffeo, angelino, Gunn were a very good crop.

Heard he’s left city. Fair play if left for a pathway, but if its for money then good riddance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.