Charlie McNeil??

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by FantasyIreland, 6 Apr 2015.

1. WallyA

WallyA

That's not even close to what I was saying, did you even read my comment?

I don't even understand why anyone on this forum would WANT a player that acts negatively towards the club on social media.

I don't even care how good you are, you show respect to the club you are at, simple as that. You want to be passive aggressive on social media, good luck breaking in, the club will notice that.

2. oldius

oldius

He is an immense talent but we will always do the wrong thing in our lives, especially as a teenager. I am sure that if this is an issue for any player, it will be being managed within as part of the education and development of all young players in the academy. From a PR perspective, players are asking for problems with the media if they are spontaneous in their social media output. Nobody who represents the club, at any level, is wise to look critical of their employer and Bluemoon's reaction is just a microcosm of what would happen in wider society.

Last edited: 6 May 2019
  3. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Can anyone provide some evidence/a link of how Charlie has caused this alleged upset?

ADVERTISEMENT

4. oldius

oldius

I cannot find any evidence of it. I do know that he is already appearing for the U18s at the age of 15 so the club cannot have too much of a problem with him if any problem at all.

FantasyIreland likes this.
  5. GunnerManc

GunnerManc

Mcneill played well today against Everton’s u16! He was captain and lead by example on the pitch trying to get his team a goal which he did! Just a shame the defence fell asleep for Everton’s goal! He’s such a good talent to look forward to for the future!

6. SPIDERBOY

SPIDERBOY

4 year deal signed.

7. Delphinho

Delphinho

He’s a rag, but looks like a great player. Delap might be moved to the EDS now, with McNeill playing for the U18s

8. skivitheblue9320

skivitheblue9320

Team supported:
    THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND IN ALL THE WORLD
    Take it from me, he’s a lovely lad, respectful, humble and with his feet firmly on the ground, constantly working hard,listening, learning and doing what he does best, score goals! This lad is a tremendous talent, the way city are handling him, now he has a contract too, is a sign of the belief the club has in his potential. Keep it up Charlie boy.

mikeyk07 likes this.
  9. Centurions

Centurions

I thought they had to be 17 to sign a professional contract? Isn't he a 2004(2003 max) kid?

10. Ezzy

Ezzy

Team supported:
    Man City
    He is Gone.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-starlet-charlie-mcneil-22002333

"The U16 England international looks set to leave the Etihad with Juventus and RB Leipzig fighting out an increasingly-tense battle for him.

McNeil, 16, is regarded as being the next off the production line from the club's academy, and has just broken into the Three Lions' junior ranks.

But he is feeling increasingly-undervalued by the hierarchy at Manchester City and that has sparked a bidding war from the continent."

We are In the process of signing McNeil's Replacement, Luka Reischl(Jan 2004) from RB Salzburg.

https://www.worldfootballscouting.c...i/luka-reischl-talento-austriaco-classe-2004/
    (Google translate does a good job)

"Austria in recent years has never had a center-forward as promising as Luka Reischl, a powerful and technical striker.

Reischl is a true force of nature, a center forward with great physical strength combined with an excellent basic technique."

Last edited: 10 May 2020