Cheapest Way To Munich

The Fat el Hombre said:
Return flights to Zurich on Monday morning - £50
Train from Zurich to Lindau (on the border of germany) - 30
Stay in hostel with breakfast in lindau - 27
We either use our match tickets for the train to Lansberg (30 miles from munich) on the day of the game or chuck in for a train pass, so either free or 10
Check in hotel then train to munich and on the piss - free cos we've already paid for train passes.
Train back to lansberg after the game - free
Stay in lansberg hotel - 48
Train to zurich from lansberg - 40.
Flight home

So with flights, 2 nights b and b and all travel it comes in at 200

Brilliant mate. Did you do the Zurich route after i pointed it out to you in this thread? Love hearing blues stories of getting to away games via obscure places!!!

No rick booked it on the night of the draw. Missed out on the Munich flights so was searching various German airport prices (inc Berlin, but that's a loooooooong train ride!) so booked on Zurich and took it from there

The Fat el Hombre said:
No rick booked it on the night of the draw. Missed out on the Munich flights so was searching various German airport prices (inc Berlin, but that's a loooooooong train ride!) so booked on Zurich and took it from there

The great thing about Germany is that there is lots of airport options to fly to, invluding other contries. Hope you have a good trip.

rickmcfc said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
We either use our match tickets for the train to Lansberg (30 miles from munich) on the day of the game or chuck in for a train pass, so either free or 10
Check in hotel then train to munich and on the piss - free cos we've already paid for train passes.
Flight home

Brilliant mate. Did you do the Zurich route after i pointed it out to you in this thread? Love hearing blues stories of getting to away games via obscure places!!!

I clocked it at £160 with €25 to pay for the Landau hotel when we get there.

fly from stansted on tuesday morning@640 to MILAN bergamo(ryan air) £36 inc taxes n admin etc, land in milan 940am carhire £58 for2 days(between 4of us)total of273 miles to munich via switzerland &2 toll rds £20 each way(£5each , each way)fuel £50 in total divide by 4 hotel on autobahn app prices £50 per room so sum total
£30 FUEL divide by4 to stansted= £7.50 each
car parking at stansted£22.00 divide by 4 =£5.50each
flights rtn to milan £36 all in each
car hire in italy=£57+fuel =£60 divide by 4 =£32.00 app
toll in italy/switzerland=£10.00 each for both journeys
hotel in germany=£25/30 each for 1 night

TOTAL£ 115/125 EACH (BARGAIN) app ;-)

return flight from milan@1720 on wed night so all day to get back (doddle) land at stansted 1820 back in m,cr 9-10 pm

rickmcfc said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Flight home

whats that about the match ticket and train travel ?!?!?!

CTID1974 said:
rickmcfc said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Flight home

whats that about the match ticket and train travel ?!?!?!

Match tickets double as free rail passes in the Bundesliga. Actually In Germany the fan is king. The Bundesliga has the lowest ticket prices and the highest average attendance of Europe's five major leagues.

Unfortunately, I don't think our match tickets cover us from Lindau, but we can buy a group ticket (€29) for five of us and a single (€21) for the 6th person, so around €8.50 each.

Blue Punter said:
Unfortunately, I don't think our match tickets cover us from Lindau, but we can buy a group ticket (€29) for five of us and a single (€21) for the 6th person, so around €8.50 each.

Sounds like a great trip Lee, do you fancy meeting us in the Augustiner Keller Tuesday morning? Unfortunately my brother Kiam06 won't be there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.