Cheers to my dad, Eamonn. Tell us about your dad (or mum)?

My Dad is a dirty Rag, moved away from Manchester and has only been to the Old Toliet a few times.

Thankfully the rest of my direct family are blues, a big shout out for my uncle who took me to my first games at Maine Road.

whp.blue said:
Pam said:
My dad came over from Dublin in 1963 and was a rag. Then he came to England and found out first hand that all rags are toilet and so he became a blue and over the following thirty years, he persuaded almost thirty people to follow our great club and many of them are now season ticket holders. Is this a record?

Good call, Eamonn, and thanks.

Thank Eamonn and post your dad stories here.

so what you are saying is he never supported his local club in Ireland and was a glory hunter who then changed his club FFs

and this is ok because he got a few to follow his current club ?

This is a local club for local people. Theres nothing for you here!

3f25f7a9.jpg

Tit

I thank my mum for collecting her persil tokens so we as a family could travel up by train to maine road to see my first home game against wolves. We did that on a few occasions before I was old enough to travel on my own with the London branch of the supporters club. My mum did a lot to nurture my love affair with city. I will never forget her rushing back home one day busting with excitement that she saw the city coach outside a cinema night before a spurs away game. Took me back down there so I could get on the coach and get the players autographs. Thanks mum you're the greatest !!!!!

Never any discussion or debate in our house when I was younger, our family were blues and that was something you inherited without question. I can remember going to Maine Road with my dad from a very early age, as clear as anything - until it was cooler to go with your mates. The last 'football special' always used to know to wait for my dad back in the day, as he used to leg it out of the boozer just in time. It was great when it was time to take my eldest daughter to the match for the first time, with me and my dad. My dad isn't so well these days and can't get to watch City anymore, but I'll always be indebted to him for making me a blue (although I must admit there have been times that I thought it was a cruel joke!!)

Family of rags..my dad took me to my first game ushited vs liverpool fa cup semi final replay at maine road, i was about 11 years old, got inside the ground and just fell in love with the place and got my first city top bought for me that christmas

Dads a Leeds fan, I switched to city when i was 7, and I'm not sure why tbh, I'm just thankful I did. 9 years later, I'm going to the games with a mate, had a season ticket for 5 years now. Love my club.

My Dad took me to Maine Road on Saturday 3rd May 1980. City v Ipswich, a game we won 2-1. My old fella sat me down on the small white wall at the front of the Kippax and thats where the love affair started and is still going strong.

Its been a rollercoaster but I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

Hopefully my kids will be saying the same about me in years to come.

I remember my old boy taking me to my first game, the derby! Think it was '80 at Maine Rd. When we got inside he wouldn't let me see the pitch until we'd got right to the top of the main stand - amazing. I was in awe at the scale of the place as it was filling up and the noise when the game was underway was incredible to a 9 year old. My whole family are blues, thanks to him. Legend.

my dad was liverpool fan through out the 80's, then became a rag in the late 90's, then a die-hard chelsea fan during the mourinho years, then became through and through blue in 09

;)

Blue Blood CTID said:
McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
My Dad, a Leeds supporter, lived in Manchester from 55 to 63 (im from north of Ireland) and went to Maine Road 1 week, old trafford the next. He hates United. My older brother supports Leeds and I support City, thats the way it was in our house. Cheers Dad.

My Dad was diagnosed with cancer in the lung on Monday, so a prayer wouldnt go amiss.

Slan

I am not religious in the slightest, but hope all your prayers get answered blue. Best of luck for your dad pal.

Thoughts and prayers are with your father and the family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.