Chelsea 2017/2018

Conte will mostl likely sign a new contract as soon he gets back from holiday and reports back for pre-season, which is due to start next week.

Lukaku will end up costing United 100mill. Absurd amount, but the alternatives are not going to be much cheaper. Belotti has a 88mill release clause, while Madrid want about 80mill for Morata.

I remember when we sold Luiz for 50mill just 3 years ago and we all lost our minds. That amount wouldn't get you an elite defender these days. 70mill to 90mill is what the elite players are going for these days.
reckon if Auba comes your way then missing out on lukaku will be a major blessing in disguise. ps is enjoyable to read the perspective of a 'sensible' fan of another club on this stuff.cheers :)

reckon if Auba comes your way then missing out on lukaku will be a major blessing in disguise. ps is enjoyable to read the perspective of a 'sensible' fan of another club on this stuff.cheers :)

Cheers mate.

Tbh, the best case scenario for Chelsea would probably be to get Conte to hash out his differences with Costa and just keep Costa for another year. He supposedly wanted to leave last summer, and told Conte he had no intentions of staying, but the move to Atletico didn't happen, and according to Costa himself, he had to go and apologise to Conte. Once that was done, he just got his head down and worked hard. He ended up scoring to 20 league goals and leading us to the title. I'm hopeful that he can it one more time.

Cheers mate.

Tbh, the best case scenario for Chelsea would probably be to get Conte to hash out his differences with Costa and just keep Costa for another year. He supposedly wanted to leave last summer, and told Conte he had no intentions of staying, but the move to Atletico didn't happen, and according to Costa himself, he had to go and apologise to Conte. Once that was done, he just got his head down and worked hard. He ended up scoring to 20 league goals and leading us to the title. I'm hopeful that he can it one more time.
if that happens, then yes you have player on your hands. But, much as a city fan I wouldn't want to admit this, he is still not in the class of Drogba - he really was a top player...and both chelsea and utd fans are trying to convince themselves that lukaku is in the same class...he just isn't, in my books at least.

if that happens, then yes you have player on your hands. But, much as a city fan I wouldn't want to admit this, he is still not in the class of Drogba - he really was a top player...and both chelsea and utd fans are trying to convince themselves that lukaku is in the same class...he just isn't, in my books at least.

Drogba was the ultimate big game player. Biggest big game player in England in the last 20 years I'd say, but he wasn't really super prolific in most seasons. I think if Costa stayed for 8 seasons like Drogba, he would blow out of the water in terms goals. But you're right, there was so much more to Drogba than just goals. He was a leader, inspirational, could always be counted on in crucial moments (except in 2008). He was an absolute winner.

Speaking of which

Couldn't agree more, no way on Gods green earth is Lukaku anywhere near what Drogba was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.