Chelsea 2017/2018

In terms of strikers, Lukaku would be as elite as we could possibly hope for in the current market. The alternatives are Morata and Belotti, or to keep a clearly unhappy Costa. All of whom are either not as good as Lukaku, or in his bracket.

There is Aubameyang who was said to be available for 63mill a few weeks ago. His price is supposedly 80mill now. I would hand over 80mill for him tomorrow, but other than him, the market for strikers is really poor this summer. We were linked with Benteke and Llorente yesterday ffs. Shocking names.

EDIT: Or we just throw a hail mary, and give the 75mill we were willing to pay for Lukaku to Arsenal and get Alexis Sanchez and still have a few millions left.

Haha Sanchez is on a way one train to Piccadilly mate and his taxi is waiting but nice try ;-)

Haha Sanchez is on a way one train to Piccadilly mate and his taxi is waiting but nice try ;-)

I think if we showed genuine interest, he could be convinced to join us. It would require us to actually show real intent rather than just 'enquiring about availability'. It's quite insane that guys like Aubameyang and Alexis are on the market and there isn't an almighty scramble by several clubs to get them.

Do you think he might be more inclined to stay, having watched them sign Lacazette, and reportedly very close to getting Lemar?

I still think the jury is out on Monaco. Can they keep churning out or finding talents once this current group have moved to bigger clubs?

You are probably right but they have done it for some time. They realised they had a good crop this year and have stopped being a football club and for the time being are selling for profit their product.
Next year may be not as good maybe even barren but it matters little if your business plan has survived up to now but has to get back to its original financial plan then build for a year or two.
What a scouting system they must have and how young players must want to go there to be given opportunity.

I think if we showed genuine interest, he could be convinced to join us. It would require us to actually show real intent rather than just 'enquiring about availability'. It's quite insane that guys like Aubameyang and Alexis are on the market and there isn't an almighty scramble by several clubs to get them.

Do you think he might be more inclined to stay, having watched them sign Lacazette, and reportedly very close to getting Lemar?

Mate there is no scramble for Sanchez because world football knows there is only one show in town.

Thats not being arrogant, its the truth.

Mate there is no scramble for Sanchez because world football knows there is only one show in town.

Thats not being arrogant, its the truth.

It woudn't be so easy for City to get him if Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus etc all tried their hardest to get him. It's quite annoying that you're being allowed to make such an unopposed run at him. Choosing City is a pretty easy choice, if the only alternative is staying at Arsenal.

It woudn't be so easy for City to get him if Chelsea, Bayern and Juventus etc all tried their hardest to get him. It's quite annoying that you're being allowed to make such an unopposed run at him. Choosing City is a pretty easy choice, if the only alternative is staying at Arsenal.

Pep.

Its that simple and you and the rest know it, hence why there is no interest mate.

The reason City have clear run is the same reason we did with Stones, Sterling etc. It's because the ground work was done months ago

Pep.

Its that simple and you and the rest know it, hence why there is no interest mate.

The reason City have clear run is the same reason we did with Stones, Sterling etc. It's because the ground work was done months ago

I don't think there was too much interest from others in Stones by the time you signed him. We were interested, but not at that price, and once Everton rejected our 40mill bid in 2015, we moved to other targets. We were busy blindly chasing Koulibaly the summer you signed Stones. Likewise with Sterling, I don't think he had many suitors at the price you paid for him.

You're both probably right about Sanchez, which is a shame, because he would have fit our team like a glove.

It's not just the allure of good football and learning from Pep that will almost certainly see Sanchez here, it's because -to me, at least- there always seems to be an air of instability at Chelsea. Managers coming and going, disaffected staff members, players downing tools etc. I just get the impression that Chelsea, more so than any other club at the moment, are an accident looking for somewhere to happen.

It's not just the allure of good football and learning from Pep that will almost certainly see Sanchez here, it's because -to me, at least- there always seems to be an air of instability at Chelsea. Managers coming and going, disaffected staff members, players downing tools etc. I just get the impression that Chelsea, more so than any other club at the moment, are an accident looking for somewhere to happen.

There is no denying that tbh. We can be a bit of a circus club at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.