Chelsea 2017/2018

Feel a bit sorry for Conte. There seems to be a serious mentality problem at Chelsea, they down tools every other year.

Writing has been on the wall for a while now, once again the Chelsea players sticking the knife in.

I have to admit, I thought after the Cole/Terry/Lampard/Drogba era that it would be over but it looks like they learnt from the best and have downed tools now twice in 3 seasons.
Surely Roman is getting sick of writing out massive payout checks every year.

This has been the worst chelsea team since the abramovich era. Absolutely piss poor, and in all honesty with the way they have been this season I cant see them beating united in the cup final

Be interesting to see what happens with Hazard and a few others this summer. They have turned into the Real Madrid of the premiership (in managerial terms)

Surely Roman is getting sick of writing out massive payout checks every year.

Think that's the big question.

Can Roman take the financial hits these days to bring in the superstars? Or does he want to?

An ominous sign for Chelsea is that the Russian is now in favour of FFP, a far cry from the day when he effectively knocked Utd off their financial perch. Shevchenko would today cost around 150m.

Another uncertainty is this new stadium with a current estimated cost of 1 billion but not going to be completed until 2024 - so by that time, probably nearer 1.5 bil.

Going to be interesting to see how committed Roman is to the cause.

Think that's the big question.

Can Roman take the financial hits these days to bring in the superstars? Or does he want to?

An ominous sign for Chelsea is that the Russian is now in favour of FFP, a far cry from the day when he effectively knocked Utd off their financial perch. Shevchenko would today cost around 150m.

Another uncertainty is this new stadium with a current estimated cost of 1 billion but not going to be completed until 2024 - so by that time, probably nearer 1.5 bil.

Going to be interesting to see how committed Roman is to the cause.
I imagine big sponsorships and brown envelopes are involved with that stadium. 1bn and they aren't even moving anywhere!

I imagine big sponsorships and brown envelopes are involved with that stadium. 1bn and they aren't even moving anywhere!

When you look at the amounts being quoted for Spurs' and now Chelsea's new stadia, I am so thankful that we got CoMS when, and for the price, we did.

Roman being involved more than he should has, imo, little relevance to Chelsea players being accused of getting managers sacked. Also, i'd like to see some examples of Roman interfering too much. It seems as though, every time a team underperforms, the media are quick to pronounce that "the team just isn't playing for the manager" and "he's lost the dressing room". and then when he inevitably gets sacked, then the "spoilt Chelsea players are at it again".

Got to admit though mate, This does seem to happen ever second year for Chelsea doesn’t it. Your team is the only top team to go through managers faster than disposable batteries.

At some stage Chelsea have to put their hands up and look at who the common denominator is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.