Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

First half he played the team the fans for moaning for. Second half he played the team he wanted and we won.
Show me the fans who wanted 2 right backs playing and Rodri playing in…….. well I’m not sure where he was playing first half, but any fans wanting that need shooting.

You know at times chelsea sat in tonight,not until we scored they decided to come out and go for it,and for all the talk of potter being a good manager which he is he’s brought a small team mentality to Chelsea with 60 mins of that match tonight..

Strange all round (apart from 10-15 mins in the second half) delighted we won, but that game, the performance, the tactics, the five subs, a lot of the individual performances, does feel like it’s raised more questions than answers

We won,3 points.

No denying we are not playing well though.

Midfield was non existent at the end there.Zero game management after we scored.Game management seems to be just carry on playing the same way and hope we hold out.

Not looking forward to the Derby,which is a first for a long time.

No better game though to come out of this malaise and lay down a marker by pasting the Rags.

No doubt Pep will throw out a few surprises for that,Maybe Alvarez in Net Ederson up front etc. :-)

We could learn from Everton. When Gallagher pushed one of ours over he was up in seconds I didn’t even see who it was. That was perfect opportunity for the physio to be on & waste 5 minutes.

Very decent 3 points given that we seem to be in a transition in how we play. I think KDB needs a rest and some work on his fitness/conditioning….I wonder if he’s carrying a niggle?

Really solid defensive display, John Stones was absolutely immense. Well done to Jack Grealish. Great ball in for a tap in…

Onwards blues, let’s chase down these fuckers, starting with a destruction of the rags !!

A win is a win.
Generally though, it doesn’t just look like rustiness. The lack of control from players like Kev and Phil, particularly in the first half is astonishing. We keep getting possession turned over so unnecessarily and the lack of pace or fitness then gets exposed.

We are known for controlling games but we are not doing it at all. Too many players flat footed.

What we do have though is a squad of quality. When some are underperforming we have others that are liable to step up to the mark.
Today it was Jack and FFS that stepped up and Johnny of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.