Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Vital win, but worrying performance for me.
Formation in the first half wasn't working, it left us with no control in midfield and our front 3 not in the game at all, and Cancelo seems like he can only play as a left full back now!
Hopefully we don't see that formation again.

Early second half was a lot better and then we worked a good goal. Afterwards we lose control of the game again against a half-arsed Chelsea side who've brought on 3 or 4 kids. The city of old would have gone on to win that 3-0

Even small things like keeping the ball in the corner flag at the end like we used to be great at.

The game had me thinking that we were a better team the last 2 years when playing without an out and out striker. For all Haaland's greatness, at City he will mainly be a penalty box striker, no space to run in behind or into the channels on the counter like we saw at Dortmund. It leaves us almost with a man down from previous seasons when we'd a false 9 who dropped in and gave us more control. I suppose this will take time though

Stones immense

DId anyone else think Ake was very shaky at times.

Made the job harder than it was with the bizarre system in the first half, we were instantly better after the half time switch, however the lack of control after the goal was alarming and hopefully Pep will sort that out, anyway that's a big 3 points in the title race.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.