Chelsea (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We play side to side and backward passes to retain possession and drag the opposing players out of position.
Thia tactic has worked well previously, however, because we have been using it for so long it has become somewhat stale and isn't working as well as it once did.
Other teams now seem to be getting at us more.
City need to mix it up a bit more and take a few risks.
I am not a fan of sitting on one goal leads either. Everton stole a point because of it and the Chavs almost did the same.
In my opinion it’s because our distribution is so fucking slow that teams can leisurely get back to the perfect position to defend against it rather than they sussing it out. It’s incredibly hard to defend against, even if you know it’s coming. Providing you do it at speed

Pep menti9ned something about thinking they’d play a 5 at the back that’s why Cancelo was there to get in behind, they didn’t play that so his formation wasn’t working, he needs to stop fucking about and settle for a system that’s tried tested and bloody works. I’m still not a fan of the inverted winger. Interestingly on the radio last night they had a lad from Brentford who was in the team that beat us and they said they weren’t worried about the wingers because they knew they never went to the by line to cross in or pull back, that for me is where we could be effective with Haaland more and allow others to make late runs.

Only we could have one of the deadliest strikers in the world and appear like we have a plucky Chris Wood working hard up top!

The lad is running himself into the ground and we need to give him a few more early crosses or go over the top of teams and show his pace.
I lost count the amount of times he made a run in behind and wasn't found. A simple little slide rule pass and he was away. But i love how happy he is when someone else scores and how happy he is at full time when we win.

Poor first half

Better second

Not sure if Pep as a problem with Cancelo, Bernie, Kyle and Phil or if it was just the system but all were shite and didn't seem interested, Bernie second half was so much better

Rico shows the hunger we need and Jack and FFS played the system better, even if Pep did tweak it a little second half.

I lost count the amount of times he made a run in behind and wasn't found. A simple little slide rule pass and he was away. But i love how happy he is when someone else scores and how happy he is at full time when we win.

Once in the first half put through and shot just over the crossbar! We so set in our way of playing we just ignore his runs

3 points, whilst the most important thing, completely papers over the cracks. That daft fucking hybrid formation didnt work at Anfield and didnt work last night.

Pep being a sarcastic fucker in his pre match interview about picking the team everyone told him to pick doesnt help things when he makes a double change at half time playing players in their actual positions, completely hung Cancelo and Foden out to dry inparticular in the first half when they were so isolated it was untrue (Foden didnt help himself by forgetting how to control a football)

Were so far off it at the minute and De Bruyne is staying on the pitch on reputation alone, last 5 minutes last night when they were obviously coming on strong he was grazing on the half way line not able/arsed to track back and help out. Running Rodri into the ground obviously stopped us being able to take De Bruyne off but he could at least have played deeper in those final minutes. Separate note Rodri should be absolutely nowhere near the stadium on Sunday stay at home with your feet up pal!

If we play our normal 4-3-3 at that shithole next week we'll hammer them but im concerned the bald one is going to come up with another of his daft ideas and we'll get turned over

Poor first half

Better second

Not sure if Pep as a problem with Cancelo, Bernie, Kyle and Phil or if it was just the system but all were shite and didn't seem interested, Bernie second half was so much better

Rico shows the hunger we need and Jack and FFS played the system better, even if Pep did tweak it a little second half.
I didn't see anyone disinterested. First half didn't work as nothing clicked and we looked sloppy at times. Imho, it wasn't for want of trying.

2nd half we absolutely pummelled 'em. Credit Pep for very early changes - which worked. He gets loads of stick on here so credit where it's due. Also to KDB who put in a fantastic shift with Gundo. Ake was superb.

A great win; much needed and truly kick starts our season and gives Arsenal plenty to worry out.

The Champions are back in business.

We won the game but that first half was off the scale but pep knew he fucked up and changed it at half time which is somthing he never does . Mahrez and grealish combine wow . Rico Lewis will save us millions aswell and cancelo needs to be sold this summer .

In my opinion it’s because our distribution is so fucking slow that teams can leisurely get back to the perfect position to defend against it rather than they sussing it out. It’s incredibly hard to defend against, even if you know it’s coming. Providing you do it at speed
Correct and Haaland also Alvarez are wasted when we play at siege warfare speed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.