Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

How I feel after drawn games esp away from home, is dictated by which team scores the last goal / which concedes the lead.

For that reason a 95th minute penalty when we are leading means I’m absolutely gutted by that outcome.
Amazed - and envious - of supporters on here who’ve been able to seemingly rationalise it all already and move on.

Great game for the neutral, but a bit frustrating as a fan. Thought we were a bit sloppy today and got overrun at times in midfield. Maybe not a bad point in the scheme of things though. It's not an easy place to go, and it's another difficult away out of the way. If you'd told me a while ago that we'd be clear at the top going into the November international break, then I'd have taken it.
Disappointing that we didn’t sit back when we went 4-3 up, don’t really get why we continued with usual shape, it was asking for trouble.

All in all though it was a decent point, and a fair one at that.

Fair result, can’t complain. Still top of the league. Never really had control of the game.

I still feel like Dias gets a decent chunk of the ball well before his momentum carries him into the man - surprised nobody seems to have pointed that out as it completely changes the decision for me. Though stupid to go in like that on a wet surface anyway. I think on another day neither of those penalties are given.
That's the point, Dias touched the ball BUT didn't disposes him and then took the Chelsea player out.
Penalty any day of the week.

Goals are most usually the result of errors. Someone in defence doing something poorly, as well as someone in the team that's scored doing something well. What we see as supporters when someone scores against us is only the first half of the equation. And that's true for all clubs' supporters.
I'm not going to lie. When Cole put that penalty away, I thought, “Now Chelsea'll go on and win this.” They didn't and you know what? — I'll take that point. Would've been buzzing with the three, but not discontented with the one.
Pep of course can't possibly be happy with us leading three times and not taking all the spoils. Be curious to hear his after-match talk.
And hey, how often do you see a team — any team, in England or Europe — put four in against us? No, I take my hat off to Chelsea. We're top of the league, and we deserve it. I sincerely believe that we can only get better as the season wears on. And it's not the 5-0 canters to victory, it's matches like that that put the steel into a team. They'll be pissed off, and I say, resoundingly, good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.