Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

We conceded 9 shots on target. Guess this is more than any other time under Pep. Might be first for a Pep team ever.

On the other hand, we had 10 shots on target. Again. We had 10 shots on target also at West Ham and United.

Guess the formation with Alvarez behind Haaland makes us more potent in attack and less solid in defence. Some defenders aren't in form but it's not only about the defenders. Pep knows it, but Alvarez is very important for the future. He's only 23 and will be a world beater.

I'm optimistic.

This is why I feel such a disconnect with everyone getting so worked up over dropping points, or Carragher on comms, or Palmer leaving.

We just won the treble. We've won 5 PL's in 6 years.

At some point people are going to just have to say things are going pretty well, the whole world isn't against us, and enjoy a mad 4-4 game that was full of chances, storylines and incidents.
It’s hard to imagine anyone not enjoying that for what it was today. Yeah frustrating we didn’t win and some bad errors, but that’s what everyone wants in a game outside those involved. Pure entertainment.

Wrong tactics from pep helping them then unprofessional by players to throw that away.

Like a game of knock out Wembley at school. Commentators might like that but city are better than this

Happy with draw tbh after that
not one of peps better games, in fact poor .

Because we don’t want to, and it’s gone just fine without one for years now.
Sorry but disagree with you . For years we have been done down that left hand side in many big games even though we have won countless trophy’s along the way . If we get that left hand side wrong against Liverpool salah will have a field day .

Why can’t we just buy a left back and be done with it
This will sound flippant but it's really not meant to be - we don't have a left back because we don't need one. I honestly think if Walker left then we'd play Akanji or Stones there - Walker is there because he's a very fast, strong defender.

I think Pep will continue to play the "4" CBs providing that they have some ability to move positions - eg Stones stepping into midfield, Akanji playing anywhere etc.

We have to be careful about a game like today - Chelsea are capable of beating anyone on their day, including us. However, we didn't lose today because we didn't have a dedicated left back.

They set the narrative and know exactly what they are doing. Cucurella is at it every fucking time. He blatantly fouled Rodri for their first goal, he tried to foul gvardiol on our first corner when he didn’t even watch the corner be taken and he was all over Erl for the penalty and it was blatant. Carragher is just like Neville, they set the tone for the audiences narrative and that is always against City.
Spot on. And I loathe both of them. It is so wearisome too.

This will sound flippant but it's really not meant to be - we don't have a left back because we don't need one. I honestly think if Walker left then we'd play Akanji or Stones there - Walker is there because he's a very fast, strong defender.

I think Pep will continue to play the "4" CBs providing that they have some ability to move positions - eg Stones stepping into midfield, Akanji playing anywhere etc.

We have to be careful about a game like today - Chelsea are capable of beating anyone on their day, including us. However, we didn't lose today because we didn't have a dedicated left back.

Very true: we didn't lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.