Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Well if you score 4 goals away from home, you expect to win the game. However, today was one of them weird games that happens every once in a while and you can either be pissed off that we squandered the lead, or you can just enjoy getting a point. I'd rather draw 4-4 than 0-0 as you still get a point from it.

I was surprised we didn't try to change it though, or maybe we did and Chelsea just reacted to it and vice versa. Either way, our midfield and defence were in bits at times. Gvardiol looked like a Sunday league player for the Sterling goal and Dias had a mare but ultimately, this was a blip and they will both be back to their best next week. It was frustrating to pick up some silly yellows but I just think today was one of them days that we have once in a while. To be honest, I'm just glad it wasn't in the CL which is where we've tended to save brain farts for.

Chelsea are a strange one though - by rights, with the players they have, the money they've spent and the coach they have then they should be able to push for a top 4 spot. They aren't doing but today they were just up for it and I dare say they will lose the next game.

Ultimately, give me a 4-4 any day over a 0-0.

I’ve been pretty impressed with him so far, but I do wonder what long term is as he isn’t a left back. Today you just can’t fuck up like that though, it was really really poor and hopefully a big learning curve for him.

Yes a ridiculous mistake in a dangerous area, you just clear the ball. He was trying to be too clever and fucked up. It's the premier league not a training game.

Walker was poor too his passing tackling piss poor but all the players get a pass for me! We did win the treble last season

This is why I feel such a disconnect with everyone getting so worked up over dropping points, or Carragher on comms, or Palmer leaving.

We just won the treble. We've won 5 PL's in 6 years. We'll probably win something this year, and if not we'll go close.

At some point people are going to just have to say things are going pretty well, the whole world isn't against us, and enjoy a mad 4-4 game that was full of chances, storylines and incidents.

Walker wasn't great, Dias wasn't great, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? We're still top of the table, we're still favourites for everything.

Walker was poor too his passing tackling piss poor but all the players get a pass for me! We did win the treble last season

Absolutely. We're still top while struggling with injuries, departures and trying to fit new players in and get them up to speed with the premier league and our system. We've got some me work to do on that defence though, we can't keep a clean sheet at the minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.