Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

A draw was a good result in the end, but we were sloppy all game, awful defensively and Dias had a nightmare all game.

They seemed well up for it and Sterling had Walker's number in the second half and they just seemed to run through our midfield. I can't remember when i've seen us get torn apart so easily and so often and i don't know why Pep didn't change it earlier.

I can't wait for Kev to get back because someone needs to feed Erling, no-one is spotting his runs.

Oh and Sterling's tackle on Phil at the end was nasty, so all the goodwill he built up with me has gone and i hope we put the **** in the stands when they turn up at ours.

Bernie, Foden, Alvarez, Akanji and Ederson played well today, Erling and Doku were okay, the rest were poor and Dias was shite.
Erling is still scoring though

Franny Lee (RIP sir) had one of the most famous celebrations ever seen when he scored that scorcher for Derby at Maine Road all those years ago. City fans joined in the applause for a brilliant goal from the former City legend.
Great post, I jumped up in the Platt Lane behind the goal to celebrate his goal.

Carragher on crack cocaine, 'yeah he fouls haaland at the end but its not a penalty'
They set the narrative and know exactly what they are doing. Cucurella is at it every fucking time. He blatantly fouled Rodri for their first goal, he tried to foul gvardiol on our first corner when he didn’t even watch the corner be taken and he was all over Erl for the penalty and it was blatant. Carragher is just like Neville, they set the tone for the audiences narrative and that is always against City.

The Stones - Rodri - Grealish axis is integral to how we play and control a game. I find when that’s missing things go to pot a little bit. Only Rodri started today and we got drawn into a game of basketball from the very beginning. Shame his screamer didn’t seal the win for us :-(

Think Pep underestimated Chelsea, who I will give credit to for playing well. It’s their cup final after all. Defensively we were ragged although Akanji I thought was superb in parts.

We weren’t helped by Dias and Gvardiol having poor games. I actually think we’ve put in much worse performances than this but we just looked shaky throughout. Kind of glad we have an international break now.

Liverpool next…we can’t afford to mess up in that one. Pep has to get back to basics and start Grealish in these big games for starters.

Also bloody Gallagher - how many yellows did he escape??!

Walker was poor too his passing tackling piss poor but all the players get a pass for me! We did win the treble last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.