Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

You know what..I‘m a bad loser.I just hate City losing.
We should have won that but I will happily accept a point tonight as that was the best game of football I’ve seen since I started watching 50 years ago.
Amazing start to finish.
"best game of football iv ever seen in 50 years "

christ,you must be pissed.

it was there to win, especially after 3-2. Alvarez had a volley too from penalty spot just not enough power on it and didnt go wide enough to the post. Doku had some good positions as well.
some crosses were blocked very well by Chelsea in that period. also Sanchez was good in that period, no ball came back from him while Ederson unfortunately could keep the ball setting up Jackson with it.

what really cost us is how easily Chelsea were able to go through our midfield like hot knife through the butter. you cannot allow that. that also put pressure on the defenders who generally had an awful game but not much protection they got from midfield. but still made some bad individual errors.
1 or 2 passes and they were at our box.

I think all season we had two games where we were really tested Arsenal and Chelsea, we need to take these tests better in the future. Pool is up next, they will test us as well, up to us to react.

Must’ve been a banging game to watch as a ‘neutral’, not sure there are that many out there tbh. At 3-3 we said we’d take a draw, at 4-3 we should have gone on and secured the win but maybe we got what we deserved in the end. Not seen us so sloppy in our passing, so stretched defensively or Walker have such a bad day. Still top of the league so those mouthy twats in the pub can fuck right off.

I said it in the game thread, this was like the 3-3 at Newcastle early on last season, it was the worst defensive display of the season, we had no control and everytime Newcastle attacked they looked like scoring, that type of game never happened again last season and Pep will make sure tonight never happens again this season, the Chelsea lads played out of their skins and we still got a point, so we'll take it and move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.