Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Short term view, gutted, we can’t be scoring 4 at Chelsea for a point.

Long term view, top without KDB and a patchy start to the season. I think this team is in cruise mode. When we really need to win matches, you’ll see the best of us.

Very entertaining - I guess we will not see a game with us committing three glaring errors in for a while, get them out of the way in one go!

Top at this stage is ahead of schedule - So not unhappy at all.

Today we missed John for his ability to stop transitions and Kev for his sheer will to win these sort of matches. I also thought as fantastic as Doku is, Jack should've played mainly because I thought Gvardiol was left too exposed and that seemed to affect his confidence. We forget he's still 21 and will have days like this. Jack is more aware of his position and always gives a player an out ball. I would love to see a system that fits them both in sometime.

Bernardo was magnificent today and Foden was unplayable in the first half. Defence a bit of a mess but we'll be fine.

Oh I don't miss Cole or Raheem one bit.

Grealish should’ve started :(
Not sure I agree with that. I think Pep played it right. Grealish didnt do too much when he came on other than retain the ball a bit, although he did that rather well. We lacked a bit of pace and punch without Doku. Love seeing Doku run at his defender, just wish he would take it on his left sometimes rather than cut in.

Not seen us that chaotic in years. Was like an early 2017 pep team. Very odd.

We should have got the win. Can't score in 85th min and not be able to see it out. Very disappointing. Would have been huge to head into an international break with a buffer.

Short term view, gutted, we can’t be scoring 4 at Chelsea for a point.

Long term view, top without KDB and a patchy start to the season. I think this team is in cruise mode. When we really need to win matches, you’ll see the best of us.
Good post that. Get Johnny back fit again and we'll go up a gear especially with Foden in such great form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.