Chelsea (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Had to watch it back as I watched it yesterday whilst I was packing to fly home!

Just some general observations:

Dias was really poor, looked uncomfortable from the word go. Complete air kick in the middle of the park which lead to them scoring their 1st goal. Think Ederson should have done better for the header.

Ederson poor for the third it wasn't hit with enormous power and should have managed to push it away from goal.

Their penalty was just desperation stuff from Dias who was off it all day.

Aside from that, our second and third goals were quality, and I think the chance Doku had at 3-2 should have killed the game off.

Chelsea were good, but I think some are getting carried away with how good they actually are. They caught us on a day where we just couldn't get in control, and I doubt you'll see us lead a game 3 times again, and not come away with 3 points.

Had to watch it back as I watched it yesterday whilst I was packing to fly home!

Dias was really poor, looked uncomfortable from the word go. Complete air kick in the middle of the park which lead to them scoring their 1st goal. Think Ederson should have done better for the header.

Ederson poor for the third it wasn't hit with enormous power and should have managed to push it away from goal.

Aside from that, our second and third goals were quality, and I think the chance Doku had at 3-2 should have killed the game off.

Chelsea were good, but I think some are getting carried away with how good they actually are. They caught us on a day where we just couldn't get in control, and I doubt you'll see us lead a game 3 times again, and not come away with 3 points.

wont be many games where we score 2/3/4 goals and not win

You’re the first poster I’ve seen mention the Dias air kick. I was fucking fuming at such a half arsed effort from a player who is meant to be a top pro.

Sunday league stuff.

You’re the first poster I’ve seen mention the Dias air kick. I was fucking fuming at such a half arsed effort from a player who is meant to be a top pro.

Sunday league stuff.
Things like that are more unforgivable than a player giving the ball away, or making a genuine mistake.

It makes us look panicky and gets the crowd involved when players make comical mistakes like that.

He'll not be impressed when he watches his performance back but he's the type to come back better and stronger.

Apparently Grealish is brought on to keep hold of the ball and thus control possession, which in theory when we were 3-2 up is plausible, however, he’s been awful this season and just gets involved in petty arguments and an inevitable booking. 20/20 hindsight is great but if Doku had stayed on against a visibly tiring Chelsea defence I could see us running out winning 5 or 6-3.
Yeah, so so awful against the Rags, and Young Boys the other night (take it you haven’t watched every game this season, many of which he was injured for. Got MOTM on his final PL start before injury).

Doku offered very little yesterday but his fanboys can’t seem to get over it.

yeah i've woke up still fuming. international break makes it worse too
Our record of defeats and draws before international breaks must be high, we seem to slip up all the time and give me two weeks of angst and depression. With the Brentford disaster-class last season being a painful two monther

I was at the game today - came from the States and brought my three kids (and husband too). We sat in the Chelsea family section right next to all you guys - and you were awesome. My 9 yo spent the first ten minutes just listening to you chant/sing.

It was a great game for my older teenage kids who aren’t necessarily into football, but my youngest and I were crushed City hold on. You all are so lucky to see this on a regular basis - either at home or away. It still doesn’t seem real that I got to see these players in person.

My random thoughts as a new American fan. Midfield looked a mess today. I know everyone was criticizing the defense, but the midfield just seemed really disjointed. Never felt like we had control. Akanji is built like a tank. I don’t see how Kova can slalom through those defenders and stay on his feet - his center of gravity is crazy.
Pleased that you enjoyed yourselves.Sorry about the weather though!!
Safe trip home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.