Chelsea (a) post-match thread

Looks like you expected the players to bust a gut tonight then same next Thursday only for Aston villa and Brighton to roll over and join the dippers celebration.
Pep knows his game, body language was calm and not arsed I thought.

What sugar coats it for me is Liverpool didn't even have to work tor this title. By pretty much Christmas time we'd handed it to them on a plate. That's the sickener. A team full of top players and the best manager that has graced the touchline ever has gifted the red scousers the title. Hopefully this will be a rocket up the arse we need to push whoever is up there next season to EARN IT!!!

To suggest that this is a poor season overall shows how spoilt we have become.

We are comfortably second in the league, won a domestic trophy and still involved in the CL and FA cup.

Liverpool have been relentless and a step above us with their consistency this season. Both of us dominate teams and score plenty of goals. Football wise there is not much between us. They simply haven’t made the mistakes we have.

That doesn’t mean we have been poor though. Average by our standards I would agree with but not poor.
In the grand scheme of how we have developed yes I think it's been poor in terms of the PL and the amount of really poor mistakes we have made that have cost us. You will note my caveat that I will take this poor season because I've seen worse seasons ending without a trophy nevermind one in the bag and the potential of two more.

Sterling's finishing has always been hit and miss, more miss at the moment. That's why he needs to be aware of other options instead of going for glory. Waste chances like that when you're 4 up.
Story of our season and sterling isn’t the only guilty party.

Sterling had to shoot, I don’t know any player on the planet who’d of passed.
Missing was the problem.
Ironically, Jesus.

I thought it was unlucky anyway, reminiscent of KDB against Chelsea back in 2016.

Summed up our entire season

Shit defending
Missing easy chances
Stupid costly mistakes

If we manage to stop at least two of those, we would be so much closer

Thought Sterling was unlucky to be fair

What sugar coats it for me is Liverpool didn't even have to work tor this title. By pretty much Christmas time we'd handed it to them on a plate. That's the sickener. A team full of top players and the best manager that has graced the touchline ever has gifted the red scousers the title. Hopefully this will be a rocket up the arse we need to push whoever is up there next season to EARN IT!!!
That's it mate. That dogshit Norwich away game set the tone for me, never recovered.

Guard of Honor next match - That is the only bad outcome of the match.

Nothing that happened this match was new, common template across the season.

As much as rebuilding os required, won't happen this summer in full scale. But maybe a CB and LB at priority
The only positive Is, worse possible result for the rags.

Looks like you expected the players to bust a gut tonight then same next Thursday only for Aston villa and Brighton to roll over and join the dippers celebration.
Pep knows his game, body language was calm and not arsed I thought.
Yep, Pep let his feeling known about what was he was going to do tonight, put out a totally different team with no main striker. They were not thinking about Liverpool winning the League they were thinking about Newcastle on Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.