Chelsea (a) post-match thread

Well I thought we were going through the motions a fair bit. We have far more important games that we need to win and I for one am glad we are prioritising them.
I think tonight showed that although the job Lampard is doing at Chelsea ain't bad, they are miles away from us should we be going for it.

Can’t remember the last time I was so unarsed about a defeat

Whatever the result tonight it would have made no difference whatsoever to where us and the scouse tramps would finish

It was always a big ask to expect us to win tonight in our 3rd game in a week after not playing for 3 months and then chuck in the 25c heat at kick off. In fact I wouldn’t have been surprised to see us get a bit of a pasting but instead we controlled the game and should have won it if it wasn’t for the usual shite finishing and brain fart defending

I’ll actually take a couple of positives. They can’t win it at ours now and it makes the rags quest for 4th harder. Yeah we’ll have to do a guard of honour but it might give them a kick up the arse and anyway I won’t be switching on until 1 second before kick off. Then hopefully we’ll destroy them as the motivation won’t be there for them

Finally how shit must it be to celebrate a title win by having a koppaberg in your back
Garden with the missus lol
Kopparberg FFS. You are having a laugh. My sister just texted me and the turpentine and mehalated spirits are flowing nicely. Good job none of them have got work tomorrow, or ever actually thinking about it.

Half of this team isn’t good enough or their long term form isn’t good enough, simple as that.

Walker - Will no doubt get sucked off on here for making a goal line clearance...what about the rest of his game? Absolute dump
Mendy - if all we are going to ask of him is to stand on the halfway line playing 5 yard square passes there are better options than him. Either play to his strengths or get rid.
Gundogan
Fern - Love him and he has done a stand up job this season but next season he has to be CDM or nothing
RODRI - this fucker needs a rocket up his arse and learn how to make a forwards pass
Zinchenko
Silva - hate to say it as I love the guy but I am glad he is going, there’s no way we get another season out of him
Sterling - We’ve seen how good he can be but for the majority of this season he has been woeful, he can’t have another season like this next year.

This team needs major surgery, or a major return to form for some players. Forget Liverpool, we have lost 8 games this season, for a team of this level, it’s not even close to being good enough.

A disappointing result and frustrating performance.
Thought Pep didn't pick the right starting lineup or formation.
Chelsea are a good team, not an intimidating, great side. Why did he select 2 defensive midfielders (Rodri & Gundo) ?
Bernardo as the false #9 tried to pull the 2 Chelsea central defenders out of position, but they seldom fell for it - unlike at Old Trafford for the 1st leg of the League Cup semi final.
Because of our 2 defensive midfielders, nobody pushed on ahead of Bernardo when he was roaming about. So the few good crosses had nobody to finish them off.
Think certain players e.g. Gundo, Raheem & Mahrez seldom get subbed if they are struggling. Why ?
To finally frustrate, with the boiling temperature, why did Pep not use his 5th sub ? Leroy should have come on for Raheem or Mahrez as both were average, at best.
Hope he starts Jesus & Leroy in the FA Cup, with Rhodri ahead of Gundo...

hunger ?

we’ve won it twice on the bounce...hunger for what

incredibly difficult to win back to back titles never mind a treble

Of course it’s difficult to win again but we’ve dropped so many points this season playing within ourselves. Liverpool have strolled to the title without us ever getting near them. They’ve deserved it no doubt but we’re miles off last season’s level of performance.

Constant sloppy mistakes in defence and a regular lack of intensity suggests we need to rediscover the fire that drove us on last year. New blood definitely needed.

A disappointing result and frustrating performance.
Thought Pep didn't pick the right starting lineup or formation.
Chelsea are a good team, not an intimidating, great side. Why did he select 2 defensive midfielders (Rodri & Gundo) ?
Bernardo as the false #9 tried to pull the 2 Chelsea central defenders out of position, but they seldom fell for it - unlike at Old Trafford for the 1st leg of the League Cup semi final.
Because of our 2 defensive midfielders, nobody pushed on ahead of Bernardo when he was roaming about. So the few good crosses had nobody to finish them off.
Think certain players e.g. Gundo, Raheem & Mahrez seldom get subbed if they are struggling. Why ?
To finally frustrate, with the boiling temperature, why did Pep not use his 5th sub ? Leroy should have come on for Raheem or Mahrez as both were average, at best.
Hope he starts Jesus & Leroy in the FA Cup, with Rhodri ahead of Gundo...
I'm sure we'll see a completely different attitude on Sunday.

Sterling had to shoot, I don’t know any player on the planet who’d of passed.
Missing was the problem.
Sterling's finishing has always been hit and miss, more miss at the moment. That's why he needs to be aware of other options instead of going for glory. Waste chances like that when you're 4 up.

We really need to win this CAS appeal and get some defenders in.

Jury massively out on Rodri too.
I agree about Rodri in midfield. He’s currently too slow on the ball and too slow to the ball.

Maybe he needs the full year to settle in but he’s a bit Javi Garcia at the minute. In a more defensive team he’d be fine. In a Pep team, aside from the odd game where we do play on the break, he doesn’t really work.

Looking at where we’re weaker than last season it’s been the two central defensive positions, because of the injury to Laporte and then DM.

I think they might turn Rodri into a CB next season and try again at DM, pending the CAS decision.

Left back has needed a proper solution for ages... but I can only think we keep going in this fashion for the banter.

Anyway, none of that was new tonight. It’s why we’ve currently lost 8 games in the league.

Hopefully it just reinforced what needs addressing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.