Chelsea (A) | Post-Match Thread

The day after and still buzzing with that performance. We were so brave and positive in everything that we did. All our best “footballers” started yesterday. Only minor gripe is that I don’t think Foden is suited to the false 9.

Bernardo put in an unbelievable 10/10 performance. Would love to know how many miles he covered yesterday. What a player and so glad we kept him. And lots of other great performances too but I thought that was Rodri’s best performance in a city shirt. Won everything in midfield.

The day after and still buzzing with that performance. We were so brave and positive in everything that we did. All our best “footballers” started yesterday. Only minor gripe is that I don’t think Foden is suited to the false 9.

Bernardo put in an unbelievable 10/10 performance. Would love to know how many miles he covered yesterday. What a player and so glad we kept him. And lots of other great performances too but I thought that was Rodri’s best performance in a city shirt. Won everything in midfield.
Some great performances. About 60 mins I was thinking to myself, Rodri is smashing it today, I hope its picked up by the commentators and they did when picking MOTM towards the end.

Well fuck me that was the perfect storm. An early kick off, City win utd lose and miss injury time pen and the scousers scraping a draw.
I've just rolled in after waking up in some gaff I don't recognise and with the fear.
Mrs is out so going to get twatted later if she comes back!!
All in all I wouldn't change it for the world.. :-)

Bedtime for me.

I keep seeing or hearing we didn't get a shot on target all first half, there wasn't a mention of Chelsea not having one all game

It really shows the standards that City are judged by are completely different to other clubs. We were away to the European Champions and played like the home team, pressed them high and were aggressive in everything we did. Yet as you say the criticism was that we hadn't had a shot on target by half time, whereas Chelsea had barely left their own half.

It was a brilliant team performance from City. We played some great football but also dug in and were physical where we needed to be. 2 big games coming up this week, but that was a great start to this run of fixtures.

masterclass show
10 out of 10
batter the main contenders in their back garden.. Even camel mouth said by the way chelsea are at home.
the pass the press, how did the lads keep that u for 97 mins !!!
i always said wouldnt want lukaku, quite plainly showed that of the main 6 clubs we git the better signing in grealish, he is a better signing than #7greedy bastard !
well done pep, isnt it good when the whole team does as you tell them.
also how strong at holding his position is diaz, best defender in the prem.

I think Sterling could be an option vs Liverpool
Liverpool will press us very hard and attempt to stop us playing out from the back. Southampton with inferior players did this extremely well last week
What I noticed in the Southampton game is that when Eddie had the ball, our front three on the half way line (Torres, Gabby, Grealish) were ball watching and none attempted to run in behind to give Eddie a chance at a long pass
Sterling has his faults, but he'll do this and it would be a great option to beat the press
Pep will play him vs Liverpool for the simple reason that he has the biggest soft spot when it comes to Raz.

yet we won the league last season with it. We're scoring more goals than other teams this season.

You guys are just setting up "I told you so" situations. Put your mouth where you head is... Are we going to NOT win the PL without a stiker or are you going to sit on the fence and then tell us all you knew?
Do we no longer have an opinion on this forum? All I said was if Ferran would have been better in the False 9 position than Foden. I never said we are not going to win the league or anything else!

Foden was brilliant harassing their back line, that's why he was se!ected, one of the reasons why we won
Foden is definitely brilliant but I am just saying there were some time when I would have seen Ferran running and connecting with the low crosses more than Foden. When Foden was slipped back into the midfield after KDB was subbed, he felt more at home with that position.

In my opinion Foden is brilliant in the middle and on the side but not so sure about him as a false 9. Time will tell!

Stop fucking moaning we fucking won
I am not moaning and if you have a constructive answer then please share it rather than what you just wrote. Yes we did win. I am not moaning about that, I am simply asking if Ferran would have done better in False 9 position than Foden. What is wrong with my question?!!!

Pep will play him vs Liverpool for the simple reason that he has the biggest soft spot when it comes to Raz.
Not so sure about that, he's benched him quite a bit latter part of last season. He's only playing him this season because hes hoping he can replicate the England form for us. Soft spot ? I guess you call it that but it's just not happening for him at the moment. Yesterdays team selection was our best 11.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.