Chelsea (A) | Post-Match Thread

I’ve always been one of those who have questioned how many really good seasons Bernardo has had in his time here. He was magnificent today as all season. Best signing this season. Kyle was superb. Gabby was superb. Ruben is the conductor. Cancelo was excellent! Eddie brave. Pep superb tactics. Fans were excellent. I never felt more…
Had his worst period after the trumped up Mendy racism shit but he's definitely over that now.

the false 9 is only a issue if we don't keep the full on press and keep them pegged back deep so they can not hit the out ball.. there is plenty of goals in this squad and maybe not a 20 plus striker but 10 to 15 by 4 or 5 is enough to win us everything we want

yesterday was more about them having a good goalkeeper stopping us scoring more
the 2 from grealish and the first save him made was outstand and it had goal all over it but just got a finger tip to it the second one he was quick of his line and did not give grealish time to pick his shot
Yes I agree about yesterday if we can keep the same momentum then we will not have any problems. I am just thinking of those amazing low and high crosses the went in the box and no one was on the end of them. Gundo used to do that perfectly last year and this year Ferran has the same instinct.

Pep just needs to know how to crack the code of the False 9 incase we need someone to be at the end of these crosses in crucial times.

The day after and still buzzing with that performance. We were so brave and positive in everything that we did. All our best “footballers” started yesterday. Only minor gripe is that I don’t think Foden is suited to the false 9.

Bernardo put in an unbelievable 10/10 performance. Would love to know how many miles he covered yesterday. What a player and so glad we kept him. And lots of other great performances too but I thought that was Rodri’s best performance in a city shirt. Won everything in midfield.
Bernardo was like a machine that doesn't run out of steam!! Incredible!!!

I said the same thing about Foden, he is a brilliant player but False 9 position is not for him. So I asked if Ferran would have done a better job had he started there? Foden is amazing on the left, right and center but False 9 we lose his talent there.

Looks to me like Chelsea are developing into Maurinho mk2. They will not be able to play any other way than sit in and go for the break. They will do this home and away. Not the mark of a great team. Efficient maybe, but boring as hell.

If Erling, or another, comes, who leaves or is sidelined ?..my personal view is Raheem seems to be on his way out..not signing a new contract, Jack playing his role, and Pep does not seem to like players who are edging for a move. He can be very stubborn, and rightly so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.