Chelsea (A) - Thu 5th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps its simply that we're out of practice on how to defend properly when under pressure. Teams like Everton and Brentford play on the counter attack so are used to defending doggedly week in week out. We never have too and get complacent at times hence the 15 yards that Gray got to pick his spot. How many times have we said that was brilliant defensive display by City?
Agreed, but top teams need that 'thou shalt not pass' mentally. The best teams have players who do absolutely everything not to concede, throw their bodies on the line etc...won't happen much but the very best teams have that mentality. Brazil's best teams were always the best defensively as well...

Yes, initially I thought that was poor from Aké, too. But I think he just didn't trust Laporte to recover at all. I think if I had a choice and time, I'd let Nunez try it from that angle, rather than letting Salah try it when he's square on goal. But these are split second decisions, and it's easy to say from an armchair.

100%. The fault doesn't lie with Ake. If our players were on it and pressing the ball should never have been near our goal. And that's my point, we're just all over the place. It can only be through a lack of communication and leadership. Someone needs to be rallying the players to press as a unit. We can't have 4 or 5 bodies around the ball and allow it to be passed through. If Akanji is going to track the overlapping runner and leave the man with the ball he has to give instruction to someone else, or someone needs to shout to him that they'll take the runner and he sticks with the man. It's all basic rules of defending. We just seem to be ball watching at times.

Chelsea like Liverpool will put much more effort into a game against us the shitehawks

We should win but I expect a draw unfortunately

Re the defence. At the risk of repeating myself. We're desperately missing Dias's organisational qualities. Even when a bit out of form as far as his own game goes, he still has organisational and leadership abilities that no-one else at the back has. We badly miss him.
This is spot on a fully fit dias could see us going on the winning run we need to demoralise arsenal. A fully fit dias and most games we will only need 1 goal to win a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.