Chelsea (A) - Thu 5th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're still second - there isn't much 'zooming up the table' to be done. Bear in mind that Arsenal's draw against Newcastle puts the title race in both clubs hands - win all our remaining games (as we still have to play Arsenal home and away) and we win the league. Now, obviously it is very unlikely that we win all or remianing games, but no less likely than Arsenal doing it, so very much game on.
Ok, then Zoom eating up Arsenals lead!

We're still second - there isn't much 'zooming up the table' to be done. Bear in mind that Arsenal's draw against Newcastle puts the title race in both clubs hands - win all our remaining games (as we still have to play Arsenal home and away) and we win the league. Now, obviously it is very unlikely that we win all or remianing games, but no less likely than Arsenal doing it, so very much game on.
We won't both win all our games, but I'm quite confident we'll beat then twice.

Defence, I'm hoping is going to be back to full-ish strength with Cancelo and Walker back. Happy with Ake, happy with Stones, Akanji is (if I'm allowed to use the phrase) "so much fun" and I'm kinda happy with him. Can't help being a tiny bit worried that Sterling will be out to prove a point and I wouldn't be totally surprised if he scored.

Midfield and Attack is pretty much anyone's guess, apart from Rodders and Haaland.
Gundogan? Probably.
Kev? Looks like he could do with a rest, but he's a big game player, so he starts and hopefully has a blinder. Rest him and bench him against the rags and let Bernardo pull the strings against that shambles.
Bernardo?
Mahrez?
Alvarez?
Grealish?
Foden?

I'm hoping Pep's been resting Bernardo and Phil for the big games, but who knows. Our form is shocking and Big Erl's pulled us out of the shit with his goals, but that's the gamble of sacrificing the extra midfield body.

Dreamworld prediction :- 2-4 win and an exciting open game. Viking hattrick.

Current form prediction :- 1-1 draw with a shit boring game where Sterling grabs an equalizer totally against the run of play with about 10mins to go with a calm finish after racing clear and going head-to-head with the keeper :(

Firmly believe that we can win tonight and that if the next four weeks go well for us we can still win the title. Generally when a team has an unbelievable start to the season (think us in 17/18), the frequency of dropped points goes up after Christmas. Arsenal will probably slip up more in the back half of the season than they did in the first 17 games* and we still have two chances to beat them.

*17 games! The World Cup definitely has this feeling like a bigger mountain to climb than it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.