Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flash said:
Got to be Micah at CB tomorrow. For the love of God there's enough at stake to NOT play Garcia tomorrow.
Garcia won't play tomorrow mate, don't worry. :-)

The Flash said:
Got to be Micah at CB tomorrow. For the love of God there's enough at stake to NOT play Garcia tomorrow.

Micah has the extra pace and heading ability but Garcia has much better distribution and that's what Pellegrini likes.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:15 pm --<br /><br />
Jumanji said:
The Flash said:
Garcia won't play tomorrow mate, don't worry. :-)

Mind games ?

LoveCity said:
Well, for me if Demichelis doesn't settle well we have to go all out for a top quality defender now. Kompany, just like Rodwell, can't be trusted to stay fit for the bulk of a season and it's hurting us. This is really disappointing.

Couldn't agree more mate, as someone with an eye in European footy who would you suggest as our top 3 targets as top CBs?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
LoveCity said:
Well, for me if Demichelis doesn't settle well we have to go all out for a top quality defender now. Kompany, just like Rodwell, can't be trusted to stay fit for the bulk of a season and it's hurting us. This is really disappointing.

It's the biggest mistake of the summer for me. We spent £20m plus on a forward who doesn't get a sniff without addressing this glaring need. Every game we hold out breath and hope for the best when Kompany is out.
We did address the need temporarily with a stop gap signing.

Demichelis ended up getting injured and that's bad luck but you can't account for things like that.

"Jack Rodwell is OK, and all the others are fit, we have no more injuries." (Pellegrini) That's the nearest yet to anything concerning Dimichaelis. If he isn't fit it will be Javier Garcia again.

Jumanji said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
LoveCity said:

It's the biggest mistake of the summer for me. We spent £20m plus on a forward who doesn't get a sniff without addressing this glaring need. Every game we hold out breath and hope for the best when Kompany is out.
We did address the need temporarily with a stop gap signing.

Demichelis ended up getting injured and that's bad luck but you can't account for things like that.

Stop gap shouldn't be the answer for me though. I am taking about using some of the money we spent elsewhere or maybe selling Dzeko and spending £25m plus on a CB.

We always seem to go top heavy on spending up front and spend light at the back.

The fates seem to be conspiring against us here and wanting Chelsea to get an overdue win against us! Mourinho avoids a touchline ban despite being sent to the stands against Cardiff and Ashley Cole returns in timely fashion from an injury. And Kompany out of course...

Jumanji said:
simon23 said:
Put micah at centre half...garcia is an absolute liability and is awful...we were luckt to get away with it vs cska and west ham
Pellers has said he won't do it, strangely.

He said something along the lines of Micah might be able to play CB but its not his natural position and not what the squad roles demand of him.

He may not be as good at centre half as he is at right back but he is still a better centre half alternative than garcia....very strange cimment from mp as its nit garcias natural position either....surely as an ex centre half mp can see how bad garcia is there...he gets caught ball watching all the time...attackers constantly getting on his blindside and losing him....bet mcah aint hsppt with that comment either as it seems to suggest thst its right back or nothing for micah....not goid at all

Yet he plays Garcia there? Hypocritical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.