Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Jumanji said:
It's the biggest mistake of the summer for me. We spent £20m plus on a forward who doesn't get a sniff without addressing this glaring need. Every game we hold out breath and hope for the best when Kompany is out.
We did address the need temporarily with a stop gap signing.

Demichelis ended up getting injured and that's bad luck but you can't account for things like that.

Stop gap shouldn't be the answer for me though. I am taking about using some of the money we spent elsewhere or maybe selling Dzeko and spending £25m plus on a CB.

We always seem to go top heavy on spending up front and spend light at the back.

I said when we won the title we needed a top class CH and we still haven't done it, whenever Vinny is out we struggle, if we had another top class CH alongside him it wouldn't be as noticeable. Nastasic is a fine player but needs time, he should be back up for our two. Same old story for me, only Vinny would get in other top teams and none of our other CH options would.

This is 1 game we can't afford to lose, so yes I would settle for a draw right now. I can see Jose making sure that Chelsea don't lose, and will try to catch us on the brake we have to make sure that we play well all over the park and no stupid mistakes from the defence, if we're going to come away with anything from this game. it would be nice to come away with 3pts from this fixture on Sunday.

kippaxblue76 said:
The Flash said:
Got to be Micah at CB tomorrow. For the love of God there's enough at stake to NOT play Garcia tomorrow.

Micah has the extra pace and heading ability but Garcia has much better distribution and that's what Pellegrini likes.

First and foremost a defender needs to be able to defend....garcia isnt anywhere near as able as micah in that department....si going off mp's philosophy as long as a defender csn play the ball, the fact thst that playwr could easily cost u a gisl a game doesnt matter !!!!!!(which garcia will)

A poor decision and poor awarenesd of his squad
from mp
-- Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:15 pm --

Jumanji said:
The Flash said:
Got to be Micah at CB tomorrow. For the love of God there's enough at stake to NOT play Garcia tomorrow.
Garcia won't play tomorrow mate, don't worry. :-)

Mind games ?

TBooksbluearmy said:
This is 1 game we can't afford to lose, so yes I would settle for a draw right now. I can see Jose making sure that Chelsea don't lose, and will try to catch us on the brake we have to make sure that we play well all over the park and no stupid mistakes from the defence, if we're going to come away with anything from this game. it would be nice to come away with 3pts from this fixture on Sunday.
I agree. Jose will have seen how susceptible we are to fast breaks and will have Hazard and Oscar primed to run at our defence at speed.

simon23 said:
kippaxblue76 said:
The Flash said:

Micah has the extra pace and heading ability but Garcia has much better distribution and that's what Pellegrini likes.

First and foremost a defender needs to be able to defend....garcia isnt anywhere near as able as micah in that department....si going off mp's philosophy as long as a defender csn play the ball, the fact thst that playwr could easily cost u a gisl a game doesnt matter !!!!!!(which garcia will)

from mp

Jumanji said:

Mind games ?

I agree but MP will probably stick with him. If Micah or Lescott were going to play at CH they would have done against WHU or CSKA IMO.

simon23 said:
kippaxblue76 said:
The Flash said:

from mp

Jumanji said:

Mind games ?

This is the way Pellegrini thinks: I'd rather we score more goals than concede none. That is not poor descision, it's having confidence in your players.

Mind games? Pelegrini never does that sort of things. It was a rubbish story he lied about the rags-score last week. He simply did'nt have time to watch the last few minutes and considdered it would stay 1-0.

According to everyone here, we might as well start with 10 and leave Garcia at home. And it's not even a certainty who will pair up at CB on Sunday.

kippaxblue76 said:
Jumanji said:
We did address the need temporarily with a stop gap signing.

Demichelis ended up getting injured and that's bad luck but you can't account for things like that.

Stop gap shouldn't be the answer for me though. I am taking about using some of the money we spent elsewhere or maybe selling Dzeko and spending £25m plus on a CB.

We always seem to go top heavy on spending up front and spend light at the back.

I said when we won the title we needed a top class CH and we still haven't done it, whenever Vinny is out we struggle, if we had another top class CH alongside him it wouldn't be as noticeable. Nastasic is a fine player but needs time, he should be back up for our two. Same old story for me, only Vinny would get in other top teams and none of our other CH options would.

I think it was fairly obvious that Demichellis was our second choice after Pepe. Perhaps we waited too long in the hope of signing Pepe and ran out of options? The question is whether there were any other realistic alternatives available if we had moved earlier. I don't think it would have made sense to have spent £30m+ of our transfer budget on another CH given that Nastasic is very likely to develop into a top class player. But were there any other centre halves available for £15-20m?

cibaman said:
kippaxblue76 said:

I think it was fairly obvious that Demichellis was our second choice after Pepe. Perhaps we waited too long in the hope of signing Pepe and ran out of options? The question is whether there were any other realistic alternatives available if we had moved earlier. I don't think it would have made sense to have spent £30m+ of our transfer budget on another CH given that Nastasic is very likely to develop into a top class player. But were there any other centre halves available for £15-20m?

Nasty likely to develop into a top class player, this is exactly my point, he isn't good enough atm to rely on him when Vinny is out, he should be back up and learning from TWO top class centre halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.