Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me we should go 4-5-1

...........................Hart............................
...Zaba......Richards...........Nasty..........Clichy
..................Milner......Fernandhino..........
.......Nasri...........................................Silva........
..............................YaYa.........................
.........................Aqureo.....................

Pellegrini will go

....................Hart..........................
....Richards..Garcia......Nasty..........Clichy
...Navas......YaYa.......Fernadhino........Silva
................Negredo.....Aqureo............

Maybe Zaba not Richards or Nasri not Navas

LoveCity said:
The fates seem to be conspiring against us here and wanting Chelsea to get an overdue win against us! Mourinho avoids a touchline ban despite being sent to the stands against Cardiff and Ashley Cole returns in timely fashion from an injury. And Kompany out of course...
Yes, that decision has a certain 'odour' attached to it.

Some cracking old shots on here.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-v-manchester-city-preview-6243014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ew-6243014</a>

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
LoveCity said:
The fates seem to be conspiring against us here and wanting Chelsea to get an overdue win against us! Mourinho avoids a touchline ban despite being sent to the stands against Cardiff and Ashley Cole returns in timely fashion from an injury. And Kompany out of course...
Yes, that decision has a certain 'odour' attached to it.

We've won once there in our last 15 visits, if anything we're due a result there, just because we beat them at home and Wembley, and Jose is due a League defeat at Stamford Bridge.

Really hard to call this one now Komps appears to be out. There are so many similarities in our squads.

Hart/vs. Czek - A push

Zab (Garcia DeMich/Richards)? Nasty Clichy vs. Ivan Terry/Luiz Cahill Cole/Bertrand? Please play Richards!

Fern Yaya vs. Ramirez Lampard. Fern and Ramires are very similar players. Yaya gives us a big edge here.

Nasri/Milner Silva Aguero vs. Oscar Mata Hazard . Again very similar qualities but I somehow feel they are just a little lightweight there and we have more goals in us

Beast vs. Torres. No contest except for that little issue of our CB's?!?

I have no doubts we will boss the midfield, so it will boil down to who wins the back 4 battle. And more specifically which stand in handles the big day best. Terry is not what he was and Ivanovic is barely faster than Garcia, but better. If Cole is out it will only partly cancel the loss of Vinny.

Key performances are Chelsea's FB's and City CB's. We are now a big game team in the Prem. City 3-2.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
You keep telling yourself that, but it ain't true. Half a youth team. Lol. We played Rekik,Rusnak,Boyata,Huws and Razak at some point,all who were
never near the first team.

Not that it really matters but I have to disagree, in the first 3-4 the lineups were:

Chelsea (4-1-4-1): Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Christensen; Mikel; Mata, Benayoun, Loftus-Cheek, Cole; Ba

Manchester City (4-2-3-1): Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Rekik, Clichy; Garcia, Y Toure; Rusnak, Tevez, Silva; Aguero

And in NY it was:

Manchester City: Hart; Kompany (C), Zabaleta, Kolarov, Boyata; Nasri, Barry, Silva, Toure; Aguero, Tevez

Chelsea: Hilario; Luiz, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Ake; Ramires, Oscar, Obi Mikel, Loftus-Cheek; Ba, Torres (C)

You played your usual system with no more than a couple of youth players at a time. We played 442 without Mata/Hazard/Oscar together once. Torres captained our second game for goodness sake.

Chris in London said:
How do you think Mourinho will approach it Castiel? A draw isn't a bad result for either side, if City lose away at Chelsea it isn't the end of the world, but a City win would be a big blow for Chelsea. Do you think Mourinho will be cautious as at old Trafford? Or will he go for the win and risk the defeat?

I think we played United too early and Mourinho severely overestimated them. I actually think he regrets it. He went there and played like it was a Ferguson team. A draw would be good for you, because we won't win the return leg. I don't expect him to play for a draw but I think he'd rather make City attack us than overcommit ourselves. If we're level in the last 10/15 minutes I can see him risking the points to win it at home. He's done that before against weaker teams and it has worked so far, he uses some ridiculous 3-2-3-2 which seems to throw games into end to end chaos but it has worked so far with the exception of Everton away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.