Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueSiam said:
I don't know why Richards is considered such a risk? He played CB very well at times for us. He's certainly had more good games at that position than Garcia and probably fewer bad ones. Never having started a game in the PL, DeMichelis is surely more of a risk and Lescott has proved pretty high risk himself this season.

Demichelis or Richards for me.

PSmyth07 said:
I'd just play Nastasic and Lescott. Think people are making a meal out of it, they'll do fine. The game will be won in midfield.

I don't know mate, Mourinho is a counter-attacking manager and for me is a man who doesn't see possession as the be all and end all to winning a football match, if anything he will look to exploit how many players we get up the field in attack and then rinse our defence apart from any mistakes we make.

Even in a counter-attacking style Chelsea will likely have one more midfielder than us as we play two strikers with them playing the one, I would also argue that their midfield is overall better balanced for possession football than ours is, the amount of neat and tidy passers they have is immense.

In my opinion our biggest concern tomorrow is tiredness built up from the internationals, the trip to West Ham and then the trip to Russia leaving the players very little time to rest and be around home for a decent amount of time, and also our defence - Garcia is not a center back, Lescott does not suit Pellegrini's high line, and Nastasic is still learning the game so is prone to mistakes here and there.

If we win this = champs elect
3 straight wins on the bounce (all away)
a) first team to win at the bridge under the vain one
b) we are starting to believe again
c) no kompany
d) pellers beating the vain one

Not that confident but then again not unconfident

Come on blues and come on pellers

Not much to lose so go for it.

morleyswife said:
If we win this = champs elect
3 straight wins away on the bounce (all away)
a) first team to win at the bridge under the vain one
b) we are starting to believe again
c) no kompany
d) pellers beating the vain one

Not that confident but then again not unconfident

Come on blues and come on pellers

Not much to lose so go for it.

Only this.

Tbh, after the last two away wins I'd take a draw and a win in the next two, no problem :-)

bluethunder said:
we should never let kolo toure leave. he was such a good defender.

You obviously didnt watch many of the games he was involved in.

Granted,right now,i would be more than happy to see him line up for us at the Bridge but that says more about the player who probably will........

The only problem with letting Kolo leave was not securing a quality replacement,schoolboy stuff!

Play this team and we will win....

.........................Hart........................
....Micah......Demich.....Nasty......Clichy....
..................Yaya.......Ferny.................
......Nasri..............................Merlin......
..................Beast.....Sergio..................

FantasyIreland said:
bluethunder said:
we should never let kolo toure leave. he was such a good defender.

You obviously didnt watch many of the games he was involved in.

Granted,right now,i would be more than happy to see him line up for us at the Bridge but that says more about the player who probably will........

The only problem with letting Kolo leave was not securing a quality replacement,schoolboy stuff!

well he didn't play many games last season did he ? but i remember some of the games he featured in and he looked very good for a 4th choice defender. i particularly remember his last game vs chelsea . he was very solid.

i dunno why we had to let him go. hes a liverpool regular now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.