Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Central defence tomorrow

How about playing Dzeko at the back with Nasty. He's tall, good in the air, good touch and passing, and reasonably fast.

Tricky one, don't trust Richards at CB, he has pace but not a natural CB, that said only one who is regular is Lescott. Torres will run rings around him or Garcia but not much other option. Could play 5 4 1

Zab - Nastasic - Lescott - Richards - Kolorov

Silva Fernando Yaya nasri

Augero

Would allow Kolorov move freedom to go forward and Richards the pace to cover.

Rammy Blue said:
How about playing Dzeko at the back with Nasty. He's tall, good in the air, good touch and passing, and reasonably fast.

Yeah but he shits out of every challenge, this has got to be clarkie bait?

Carstairs said:
Rammy Blue said:

I've heard it all now.

God, I hope I'm being Clarkied!

As good as Petrov at Left Back

I'd just play Nastasic and Lescott. Think people are making a meal out of it, they'll do fine. The game will be won in midfield.

wolfie1988 said:
Ridiculous negativity on this thread. Kompany is one player. Don't get me wrong he's one of our most important players but he's one player.

Tomorrow i'd be tempted to lose a striker and pop an extra midfielder in there but how do we break up the Aguero/Negredo partnership? Tough decision for Pellegrini. We don't want to over-isolate that one striker too much. We've been getting the ball forward for the striker very quickly and if we only play one he may find it difficult holding it up whilst the midfield join in.

it's not just one player though, it's potentially 2 if Demichellis (kompanys cover) isn't fit enough to play which means playing our 3rd choice player in our weakest position which happens to be a very crucial area. If Chelsea went into the game tomorrow with Mikel playing centre half their fans wouldn't be overly confident either.

Of course, we can still go out there and win but it's going to be a tough ask and it's only logical to expect us to struggle against a very good team.

I know it didnt work for them. But how about trying at the back what Madrid did in the first half today (they played Ramos as a makeshift DM + CB conduit).

Richards ---- Lescott/Garcia ---- Nastasic ---- Kolarov

Demichelis/Rodwell

Milner ---- Toure ----- Fernandinho/Nasri ---- Silva

Aguero

Also having 3 CB's allows the full backs to attack more freely from the flanks.

bourinho wants to go for the 3 points. should be a real clash tomorrow. whoever scores first will win, me thinks.

article-2283724-183EA1D7000005DC-386_634x389.jpg

I don't know why Richards is considered such a risk? He played CB very well at times for us. He's certainly had more good games at that position than Garcia and probably fewer bad ones. Never having started a game in the PL, DeMichelis is surely more of a risk and Lescott has proved pretty high risk himself this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.