Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmckennasell said:
chelsea midfield is there strong point , we will need 5 in the middle , dont make the same mistakes we made against the jerrrrrrmans , team should be HART - ZABS , NASTY , LESCOTT , CLICHY - NAVAS , DINHO , YAYA , SILVA , MILNER - AGUERO , we can play 4-4-2 against shit teams like yooonited and everton but against chelsea,bayern,arsenal,spuds etc we need to put 5 in the middle and dominate the ball
Bang on

rastus said:
gmckennasell said:
chelsea midfield is there strong point , we will need 5 in the middle , dont make the same mistakes we made against the jerrrrrrmans , team should be HART - ZABS , NASTY , LESCOTT , CLICHY - NAVAS , DINHO , YAYA , SILVA , MILNER - AGUERO , we can play 4-4-2 against shit teams like yooonited and everton but against chelsea,bayern,arsenal,spuds etc we need to put 5 in the middle and dominate the ball
Bang on
Excpect disappointment then, we won't play 5 in midfield.

Many of us have made the same point as you earlier in the thread.

The usual 2 man midfield of Fern and Yaya will get dicked as Chelsea will go 451 or 433 with the 2 wide forwards dropping back to make it a 451.

With the quality they have, and lets face it, they do have quality, in that midfield area they will slap us all over unless we match that formation.

I think our midfield 'middle' has to be Yaya and Milner with Fern 'holding'. Silva and Nasri taking up the more creative 'possession' part of the midfield 5. Full backs to overlap when appropriate.

Our 5 is more athletic and more powerful than their 5 and should see us control that area.

It'll be interesting to see if MP changes his philosophy for this game.

I'd like to see us set up more like a proper 4-3-3 (or at least a variation of this such as 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1).

If we play like this with our best players playing (those that are fit anyway) then we can give them a game and will either win or get a draw at the very least.

We are scoring at present, and Negredo has to be due some luck in front of goal soon too, whereas Chelsea aren't as free scoring as they have been in previous seasons, therefore if we can score twice we should get at least one point. We can't lose 3-2 again this season can we, (echoes of Hughes if we do).

Hopefully we'll come out winners (3-2 to City). Please no Garcia at centre-back.

MCC said:
Any chance of Vinny being fit tomorrow? Mind games from pellers?

As much as I'd love it to be mind games from Pellegrini, I don't think it's in his nature. Fairly certain Kompany won't play tomorrow. I do think, though, a bit of skulduggery wouldn't have gone amiss.

I think Chelsea would've lined up differently if they thought Kompany was playing. Why show your cards so early?

I think we'll struggle tomorrow, especially if Garcia is at centre half. Would take a point in a heartbeat.

I think he has been here long enough to learn how the Prem works and will have seen enough of the opposition to work out the right tactics

Should be a good game, and one we can win but a draw would not be too bad

Ric said:
MCC said:
Any chance of Vinny being fit tomorrow? Mind games from pellers?

As much as I'd love it to be mind games from Pellegrini, I don't think it's in his nature. Fairly certain Kompany won't play tomorrow. I do think, though, a bit of skulduggery wouldn't have gone amiss.

I think Chelsea would've lined up differently if they thought Kompany was playing. Why show your cards so early?

I think we'll struggle tomorrow, especially if Garcia is at centre half. Would take a point in a heartbeat.

Unlike you to down tools Ric?

I think Pellers may have something up his sleeve tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.