Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
I think he has been here long enough to learn how the Prem works and will have seen enough of the opposition to work out the right tactics

Should be a good game, and one we can win but a draw would not be too bad

He hasn't changed his tactics so far, just stuck with the same game plan whether it's going right or not.
I'm not confident of a win at all, and I'm still far from convinced by Pellegrini.

jollylescott said:
Rammy Blue said:
Ric said:
I hope you're right, but who do you think we'll play at centre half tomorrow? And just to clarify, not who you would play, but who you think Pellegrini will play?

I think he will go with Demichelis.

Can't agree Rammy. In such a big game I don't think he would risk Demichelis. I think he will either stick with Garcia or use Micah. Given the trickery and agility of their attacking midfielders it would be flirting with extreme danger to play Javi. So I think it may be Micah.

He's not gonna go with Richards at CD. He's said before he doesn't see him as a CD. Bizarre that he sees Garcia as a CD. If Demichelis is fit then I think he'll get the not. Clearly he's not happy with Lescott at RCD, Garcia is a disaster. This is why we bought the guy. Rather see an actual RCD play than Garcia or Lescott, even if he hasn't played all season.

This is now a huge huge game in defining our season premier league wise.

We win and it sets us up niceley moving us third.
We lose and we could potentially be 7th six pts behind Arsenal.

Now forgive for not joining in the "united are finished bullshit" but lets say things don't go to plan today,then the rags will be all of 2 pts behind us and they have been playing fucking abysmal.
Still not convincing me is Pellegrini and today will be the acid test. Chelsea are a totally different proposition to West Ham.

I hope he brings Milner in today.

kp789 said:
We need to make a statement today. Biggest game of the season so far.

Not bothered about making a statement.I'd take a lucky 1-0 pal but City never seem to do that. I am praying for a win,if not a draw but got that "bad feeling" again about our away form in the prem however we seem to have the upper hand in recent matches with Chelsea.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
kp789 said:

Not bothered about making a statement.I'd take a lucky 1-0 pal but City never seem to do that. I am praying for a win,if not a draw but got that "bad feeling" again about our away form in the prem however we seem to have the upper hand in recent matches with Chelsea.

We have won our last two away games

Ducado said:
kp789 said:

West Ham and Cska with all due respect aren't on a level of a Chelsea.
And we have won one out of 4 away in the prem.

Ducado said:

West Ham and Cska with all due respect aren't on a level of a Chelsea.
And we have won one out of 4 away in the prem.

I think it's less to do with the strength of the opposition and more to do with the fact we "mentally" crumble on away games...

It is a mental aspect because at home we tear apart almost every team we play against (bar Bayern!)

So with that said, as he have won the last 2 away games and are on a kind of winning streak, our players look to be getting over this mental hurdle of playing poorly at away games thus giving them a lot more confidence to play their natural style and strongly... as we did a couple of seasons ago...

Also, I think CSKA was a lot harder than you think and are taking it for granted, as the environment was much harsher and the pitch not suited to our passing game...

waspish said:
I'd play Garcia tomorrow he won't give away as many free kicks as Richards and the free kicks is where Chelsea will be dangerous

May aswell not turn up and give them the 3 points if he's playing. He's shit, if mp plays him today ill be well pissed off. Proved time and time again he's not cut out for the prem, even the pundits are seeing it now. Defintley need 3 in the middle today with silva aguero and negredo up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.