Chelsea away - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
r.soleofsalford said:
although we look weak at the back under this new system, i still think we are the better team, but you have to admit they have an awesome home record under Mourinho,

i`ll hope for a win but take the draw.

I think city have the better attack then chelsea but chelsea have a better defence. Could see it being a tight 0-0 as both managers will pack the midfields and mourinho will turn it into a physical battle . It won,t be a open game.

FantasyIreland said:
Rammy Blue said:
I wonder if Manuel will be tempted to play Navas from the start today in order to keep Cashley pinned back.

That's why my preference would be Richards over Zabba,his athleticism might also help cover Garcias inadequacies.

Stop it mate, he can't start Garcia, it just can't happen.

cleavers said:
gooner2 said:
I would not worry about everton, liverpool, everton or southampton. no chance they will finish ahead of you over the season

But us and chelsea getting away would be worry for you. Personally think draw good result for you lot tommrow. we might not win against both liverpool and united and so by november 10th you could only be three of us if you draw at chelsea and beat norwich and sunderland.

So i don,t think a draw that bad for either you or chelsea.
I think anyone would be a fool to rule out either everton or liverpool on current form, I doubt they'll feature top 3 either, but there is definitely at least 6 in there at this stage, and someone has to find a way to score against Southampton, they've conceded 2 less than Chelsea and Spurs, and 5 less than anyone else, they don't score enough I guess, and we'll all surely have enough for them over the season, but its an impressive start nontheless.

I don't think a draw would be a bad result, but both teams will be looking to win it, and if one us loses its a bad result.

I never said everton and liverpool could not be top six but their no way on earth either be in the top three. Southampton are doing very well with talented young manager but their squad is weak and their be no more then a top nine or eight team this year.
Us, you and chelsea will be only ones that can win the league. United will probally get 4th with spurs , liverpool and everton fighting it out for 5th.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:45 am --<br /><br />
Rammy Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Rammy Blue said:
I wonder if Manuel will be tempted to play Navas from the start today in order to keep Cashley pinned back.

That's why my preference would be Richards over Zabba,his athleticism might also help cover Garcias inadequacies.

Stop it mate, he can't start Garcia, it just can't happen.

I can,t understand why you don,t play lescott at center back. Garcia was awful in russia on wedesday. Its like us playing arteta at center back.

As said previously - if Mourinho turns this into a physical defensive encounter I think we'll do em, we have much more power in our team than they do in theirs. If they counter us on a fast break with Javi at the back I do fear we'll be in for a rough time.

Drewmanc said:
As said previously - if Mourinho turns this into a physical defensive encounter I think we'll do em, we have much more power in our team than they do in theirs. If they counter us on a fast break with Javi at the back I do fear we'll be in for a rough time.

I think you will dominate the ball and they will look to counter attack you. It won,t be open as mourinho in big matches this season does not often allow them to be open.

City will have the ball with chelsea counter attacking. I think though it end up being 0-0 or 1-0 either way. Can,t see it being freescoring.

Worry for city is without kompany today. You not defended well away from home this season . You will need to today even though chelsea lack quality strikers.

Drewmanc said:

We will not win this game with Garcia playing...

First time in a long time I don't feel confident about this fixture. Then again I haven't felt confident going into any game this season. Feels like the "seat of your pants" city of old

bobmcfc said:
First time in a long time I don't feel confident about this fixture. Then again I haven't felt confident going into any game this season. Feels like the "seat of your pants" city of old

I think it because you such a open team under your new manager. Great going forward but without kompany weak at the back. So don,t blame you for feeing like that.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:19 am --<br /><br />
stonie said:
Drewmanc said:

We will not win this game with Garcia playing...

I be amazed if garcia is playing at center back after the way he played at cska,

gooner2 said:
bobmcfc said:

I think it because you such a open team under your new manager. Great going forward but without kompany weak at the back. So don,t blame you for feeing like that.

We are weak mentally too at the moment.

bobmcfc said:
gooner2 said:
bobmcfc said:

I think it because you such a open team under your new manager. Great going forward but without kompany weak at the back. So don,t blame you for feeing like that.

We are weak mentally too at the moment.

Bit harsh on your team as you did beat united 4-1. But your right that away from home, your defending has been pretty bad to say the least. Your lucky chelsea don,t have a world class forward in the mould of the everton striker. Easier to face torres or eto or ba then him.

Still see this as a bore draw but i might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.