• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
------------------- Steffen ---------------
Cancelo Stones Dias Zinchenko
Bernardo Fernandinho Gundogan
KDB ---------- Jesus ---------- Foden

Bring on Torres, Sterling, Rodri when the time is right.

Could play Laporte instead of Stones or wait til the next game.

Those who expect Pep to play a similar team to that in Dortmund are wrong on two counts.

First, they underestimate the difficulty of playing two high-intensity games within 70 hours (i.e, not even 3 whole days) having travelled Dortmund-Manchester-London and also the risk for injuries.

Second, they underestimate the importance of having a happy squad and being fair to players who have helped the team to arrive at that stage of the season fighting for 4 trophies. The likes of SteffEn (not SteffAn, learn his name folks), Cancelo, Laporte, Fernandinho, Jesus and even the much maligned recently Sterling (still one of our most productive players this season with over 20 goal involvements) have made vital contributions at various stages and Pep will rely on them again. Maybe Torres as well. Pep wouldn't separate the team into first-class players who start all decisive games and second-class players who play in less important games. I predict at least 5 changes against Chelsea and at least 5 changes against PSG after Spurs. Let's see what Pep's going to decide, maybe I'm wrong :)

Last edited:
Absolutely. If Dias, Zin, Rodri /Fern , Gundogan , Debruyne , Bernardo, Foden dont get sizeable game time @ Villa theres a danger of losing more points in the title race . Surely PL is ahead of CL , then LC and FA ? Or am I just raving ?
Just raving!

KDB, Bernardo, Gundogan & Dias should be rested for this game.
3 of those 4 where rested against Leeds with the intention of starting them against Dortmund and Chelsea. 2 games in a week is manageable they will then come out the side against villa.

steffan

cancelo
dias
laporte
zinky

fern
kdb
gundogan

sterling
foden
jesus

No doubt Pep will rotate

Steffen
Cancelo Laporte Dias Zinchenko
Dhino Bernardo Gundogan
Sterling Jesus Foden

Tuchel will have 2 DM in front of their defence so expecting a tough game.

Last edited:
Why are so many people predicting Stones to be benched in this important match? He is clearly a first team player so isn't it more logical to start him and Dias in this semi-final and then start Laporte and Ake in a Villa match?

This is where Pep will hopefully make the most of being able to use 5 substitutes (6 if it goes to extra time)

Game could easily be won or lost from the bench....and our bench will for sure be very strong, as it is every single game, whether we are heavily rotating or not!

Come on City!!
I was very surprised he didn't use more subs (or at least he Pep didn't seem to against Dortmund) once Phil scored and bearing in mind our bench wasn't exactly full of kids the game was over.

Absolutely. If Dias, Zin, Rodri /Fern , Gundogan , Debruyne , Bernardo, Foden dont get sizeable game time @ Villa theres a danger of losing more points in the title race . Surely PL is ahead of CL , then LC and FA ? Or am I just raving ?
Don't need to prioritises CL vs PL.
Go strongest side in both.
Rotate for the cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.