Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup | Post-Match Thread

Couple of things from tonight…….
If Ederson ever has a spell out injured, Super Stefan Ortega is more than capable
Jack played with a lot more freedom in his play & it showed in his performance, more of that please JG
We really do have the finest collection of CB’s in the world
The PL looks a step too far for young Lewis right now but he’ll definitely get there
Alvarez presses like a Tasmanian devil
Cole Palmer played with maturity & his pressing was also very good
All in all a decent game, great turnout & on to the next round where we probably won’t be going anywhere near London….unless it’s passing through to Gillingham

What an entertaining game and amazing football from City once again. Jack really stood out and wow that keeper

We've finally got a proper goalkeeper. Shot stopping and distribution.... It's been a long time.

Bottom line - We'd have lost that if Ederson had played.
Don’t agree at all with that. People going completely over the top about Ederson as they do with 2 or 3 players a season. Why can’t we just accept that we have two world class letters. Eddie is absolutely vital to how we play. Luckily we have someone who can push him

Like ortega a lot. Very good technique and marvellous saves. Seems full of confidence and those saves especially the one in the second half we’re top drawer. Distribution is also very good. If he carries on then he will be pushing Ederson for the number one spot.

Back four looked a bit shaky at times. Gomez is looking for a bit of form. Had his veins turned inside out by ziech in the second half. Needs to do better on those situations.

Grealish and Alvarez were spot on.

Palmer. I really like him and think he has what it takes to make it to the top but was a weird performance tonight. Didn’t do anything wrong but didn’t do anything to make him stand out. Not sure that the position he was played in is his best position. For me he needs to be on the wing and drift in. Could be an important season for him and where he is with his city career. Needs that spark/lift off moment as it’s all a bit safe and a bit meh at the moment. Needs to have the minerals to take on his man and use that left peg of his to have a few cracks at goal.

A very entertaining game, we were the better side, just. Jack and Ortega very good and some youngsters got more experience. We certainly rode our luck at the back at times but we'll take the win. Another poachers goal for Alvarez. The only disappointments for me was Palmer, his progress seems to have totally stalled.
To be fair to Palmer his natural position is on the right, as is Mahrez. Also, I thought he played well in the second half. He almost scored, tracked back well, won the free kick that he took quickly that led to the Alvarez goal. He just needs his self confidence restored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.