Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup | Post-Match Thread

Ortega, Grealish, Julián and Palmer, outstanding.

The rest of the team superb as usual. Shout to Riyad, his control for the 2nd goal was otherworldly. Both FBs good job. Kalvin improved over Rodri who deserved a rest.

Man of the Match between Ortega and Jack,

Up the fucking Blues!

Really, Palmer was superb 2nd half.

He absolutely wasn’t “superb” mate.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he did anything particularly wrong or had a shocker or anything.

I just feel he doesn’t quite know what his role is and I think he switches off and drifts in and out of the game too much.

Pep doesn’t really do drifty players. He wants players to be fully connected to the game and each other and to know exactly where to be and when to move and when. That “being present” thing he demands is his players.

I feel the lad has been a bit short on that side of things since his introduction.

No doubt it’ll come. I mean look at Mahrez, it took him about 12 seasons to finally get his head round it.

Watching Phillips there it’s pretty clear the England players have already been told whether they’re in the squad or not. Phillips couldn’t stop smiling, he’s in.
Yes I thought that too. They all know who is and who isn't going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.