Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup | Post-Match Thread

Just saw the first goal. Is there any particular reason why Koulibaly just stood there flat footed like he did?
I know it's always instinct to stick your head on the ball when it's so close to you, But set piece coaches do set up in the way Chelsea did tonight regarding their wall. The three men were obviously told to jump because they are the ones closest to the post, Koulibaly didn't jump because he was more keepers side central of the net and if it was to go over Koulibaly head then normally the keeper should be saving it, Thankfully this occasion it went in.

I felt Rico struggled a little against their youngster Hall.
We hopefully learn something from it.

On another night, this might have been a very unpleasant loss. Which is weird because we played reasonably well and created a lot. I don't know if it has a something with Lillo leaving, but our MF seems a bit undefined at times.

I know it's always instinct to stick your head on the ball when it's so close to you, But set piece coaches do set up in the way Chelsea did tonight regarding their wall. The three men were obviously told to jump because they are the ones closest to the post, Koulibaly didn't jump because he was more keepers side central of the net and if it was to go over Koulibaly head then normally the keeper should be saving it, Thankfully this occasion it went in.
Yes, poor keeping for me.

Mahrez sometimes frustrates me but credit him tonight. Great free kick and a very good assist for the 2nd goal. Is there a better trapper of a football than him? Bundles of ability. If he could equal Alvarez's workrate there'd be no more ffs's from me.

We gave up a lot of chances , both full backs were exposed at times but fringe players need the game time , we also creative a lot of opportunities but i thought Chelsea defended well and blocked a lot of shots with some last ditch tackling.
Overall a good game of footy and nice change when opponents actually try and take us on and play football , so fair play to Potter he stood by his principals and it made it a good contest.
Just a mention to the morons who booed Raheem , Why ?? He played his heart out in a blue shirt never rocked the boat when he was on the bench and we got decent money for him , lets leave the bitterness to the likes of Dippers , lets not stoop to their level , in the gutter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.