Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup | Post-Match Thread

Not really seeing much from Palmer though. In his recent games he’s looked like he doesn’t quite understand what his role is? And I feel he switches off a fair bit, but early days for the young man.
He seems a bit Mahrez like in some ways. Quite tidy on the ball, looks to cut in and shoot mainly but doesn't do much off the ball and shirks a challenge. I suspect he'll end up playing right wing like Mahrez too. CM doesn't really suit him at present IMO.

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in, they fought to the end. Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. You showed ‘em, you showed ‘em all. Especially those Southern softies and that stupid, biased media lot!!

The Best Team in the Land, in all the World.

Well if that whatchamacallit person who is the England manager doesn’t pick John Boy after him not getting injured tonight (well he wasn’t on the pitch so he couldn’t really *lol*) he’ll have me to answer to! Can’t you just see him quaking in his silly shoes!! Grrrr. ;-)

Good game that.

Ortega MOM.

Grealish had a good game also.

I thought Palmer looked out of his level tonight. Only young though,good experience

Pep showed Mahrez Bluemoon match thread at half time.:-)
Palmer is def not out of his depth here. I don't want to point fingers too much, but putting him alongside Mahrez is just calling for trouble. As a young kid playing as an 8, you really need someone who can support you in those positions and Mahrez has never been that guy. I also don't think Palmer is an 8, just as Mahrez isn't an 8. Trying to shoehorn them into the same team won't work, i'd have started Palmer out wide in Mahrez spot even though Mahrez eventually won us the game.

a good haul of top sides went out tonight, opens the comp up nicely. Probably only need to be 1 more top side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.