Chelsea (H) - Carabao Cup - Wed 9th Nov, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 more wins before the break will do nicely, on the sterling debate I was a bit critical of some of his performances but respect his time with us I for one will stand and give him a clap.
It’s bizarre really-we waited decades to have players like him play for City. He should get a huge ovation. Personally I’m not going tonight but I’d get the hump if people boo him.

Ortega
Lewis
Dias
Laporte
Wilson-Esbrand
Gundogan
Palmer
Gomez
Grealish
Mahrez
Alvarez

Bit of a scratch side but need to save the big guns for Saturday ( Brentford have a much easier tie vs Gillingham on Tuesday), and given the nightmare congestion of the fixture list post world cup it would not be the end of the world if we went out of this competition.
Yes and look what happened there

Personally I’m not going tonight but I’d get the hump if people boo him.

I think it'd be pretty disgraceful, actually. I hope we're better than that. Please prove me right.

By the way, fixture congestion notwithstanding, I'll be a bit pissed off if we go out. This is our cup!! The Champions League urn is nothing by comparison…

And it commemorates a truly evil-tasting drink (by all accounts).

Last edited:
Sterling should get clapped. gave his all, put up with loads of shit from journalists and other fans but never bitched and left for a good price. all he did was not want to commit his future which is fair enough as he wanted more playing time up front.

now featuring at wing back for chelsea down i the 7th. lol

I'd be amazed if Sterling was booed. If he does, the idiots who do it are insecure and everything we've lambasted dippers fans for between 2015-2022 when we played them.

He was a massive part of the growth of the club and integral to a lot of the trophies but left when the time was perfect for both us and him. Both needed a change and were granted the perfect solution by Chelsea (us a lot of money for somebody with a year left on his contract with no plan to sign on for longer and him the chance to stay at a prestigious club).

Chelsea have Newcastle away on Saturday. that is a guaranteed loss for them if they dont relax multiple players here.
dont think Potter can afford to lose that game when the top4 fight is getting very spicy. they would go 9 points behind Newcastle who has only the PL to concenrate on and might go and make 1-2 big signings after the WC.

Potter needs to throw this game imo in the Carabao.

to be honest, if we dont win it I would rather this round than multiple rounds later speciallz with this tight fixture and some quite tired players after WC.

Fa Cup + Carabao fixtures will be a right messy schedule. whoever manages better not to be burnt out coming March, April can win the lot. thats why I think Newcastle can maybe do the top4 deffo.
Hold on a second but wouldn’t our players at the WC be playing roughly the same number of games in the premier if the WC was not in Nov/Dec and that’s assuming England reach the final which I somehow doubt? Also Newcastle don’t just have the PL to worry about they are in both domestic cups. I don’t hold with all this tiredness bollocks these guys are athletes not snowflakes

We should raise the roof tonight for Sterling 1. to show our gratitude & 2. subtlety let him know what he gave up when he made his decision to try his luck elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.