Chelsea (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Very good performance, especially in the 1st half, albeit against a depleted Chelsea side. Both Mahrez and Rodri excelled and alround a very enjoyable game. Walker looked back in the groove and good to see Phillips get some minutes.

Don't know if people will understand this, but the second half was far more humiliating for Chelsea than the first. First half we played with purpose and speed, and blew them away. Second half we played it like a hungover training session, with cones for the opposition. Albeit scoring a couple of goals, sort of to break the monotony of keeping the ball at will.

I always like the double wide fullbacks in this 4231.

Only works becausr Bernie next to Rodri lets both wingers come inside and overload the middle.

Definitely solves that whole "Our wingers are too slow to play wide" issue some ppl think we have if they just dont bother playing wide at all. All our wingers prefer that imo.

Lewis looks really good in the middle and that Perrone fella can play there as well giving us options even if Bernie left (still want Bellingham if that happens).

Walker surprisingly good at the wide role and really wanted to more part of the attack rather than just sit back, I like that from him.

I suppose so but if we had beat Chelsea in Porto I could die a happy man
Don't get me wrong..I would love to win the Champions League but if I had to choose between the Premier League and Champions League it the Prem for me.
Winning a cup can be down to a fair amount of luck..winning the league it's more of a slog and usually the best team wins it.

Made it look very easy against a tram with major problems who will no doubt be looking for a new in the next couple of weeks . No bad performances and everyone did well especially Phillips who came on and showed us what he can do .if we can get a run together and get the injured players all fit we will be in for the long haul . Next week will be a massive test .
A tram with major problems? Did the Chelsea team arrive on the metrolink from Eccles?! :-)

Agree, looking at our post World Cup fixtures, we had some real challenges: the Liverpool game and then the two Chelsea games. It would’ve been very easy to be dumped out of both cups and further behind in the league. If we get past Southampton in the LC and give United a good shoeing in the next league game we’ll have come through a really tough run with excellent results.

Shame for Potter who seems a decent bloke who’d make a difference given time he’s not going to get. Possible replacement for Southgate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.