Chelsea (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Just finished watching the game again on iPlayer and I have a non-City related question:

What is the point of Mason Mount?

He's like the kid in the school team who always stood in 5 yards of space demanding the ball but never has any end product when he gets it, and he hardly ever puts a tackle in.

Just finished watching the game again on iPlayer and I have a non-City related question:

He's like the kid in the school team who always stood in 5 yards of space demanding the ball but never has any end product when he gets it, and he hardly ever puts a tackle in.
He had good bits early last season, but later inconsistent then poor, and wasting a place in the England squad was daft, wasting a place in the team was fuckin ludicrous.

He will never be a plan B player, he will be our plan A, it may take a bit more time to make the team and him adapt, Pep will do that.
I think next season we will see a different midfield and attack and Haaland will be central to that.
Just not as easy on the eye unfortunately..but many others will disagree and that's fair enough

I like your post but any team would miss the quality of Kante, Reece, Chilwell, Broja, Pulisic,Sterling (maybe not),Mendy, and Forfana. They desperately need a top striker.
True, but their fabulous wealth means that they could pick two teams from their squad - that's what pundits say about us. They added a quarter of a billion pounds worth of talent to that already stacked squad in the summer. Not sure about Chilwell - I don't think he's fulfilling the early promise. He wasn't signed to be 'quite good' - there's plenty of those. We were winning trophies with Kevin, David, Sergio and Vinnie out for long spells.

He's the sort of player who looked good once or twice on edited MOTD highlights, but watch him for 90 minutes and he doesn't make much happen.

He had about three or four half decent touches in the game. I'd be fuming as his manager.
Especially as all the other Chelsea players were doing so well!!
I am no fan of Mount but he looked quite useful over the last season or two under the German. Potter has surprised me in how inept he looks and that can’t help Mount or, indeed, any of the players. No style of play, changing formations all the time and, at the same time, changing personnel every game. I think Potter needs to grow a pair and come up with a plan before he starts fuming at Mount..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.