Chelsea (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Agreed and to all those who trot out the old nonsensical cliche “it’ll take us to the next level as a club” - well it hasn’t done much for Chelsea has it ?

The CL is just another cup like the FA or the League Cup - great to win and a fun day out on final day but nowhere near as important as winning the league
Agree with all that about how special the PL is and how it is the ultimate challenge and benchmark, but the CL is so important for me simply because it is an important trophy and we’ve never won it.

Possible replacement for Southgate.
That's amusing because there's a really vicious comment about Potter on their forum this evening putting them in the same boat (as being basically useless). It was worded much better than that and made me laugh out loud.
Some quite funny gallows humour on Chelsea Shed End this evening. By God but that club has fallen into an abyss. You think of the days of Lampard, Drogba and (spit) Terry, and Cech, and this is just utter dross by comparison.

Laporte was very good. Don’t really get the hate he generates here. Very accomplished centre half.
Ortega is very very good on the ball. Like him a lot.

Walker is Walker. Best right back in the country.
Alvarez gives us a different option. Great player and is exciting times watching him develop.

Phillips looked good in possession of the ball but needs time to adapt to his positioning on the field

Gomez is nice and neat and tidy in the final third but still not convinced about him at left back. Hopefully it’s just bedding in etc.

Bit disappointed with palmer. Needs to take a game by the scruff of the neck. Not doing enough for me when he gets his chance. Feel like he’s either holding back or not wishing to make a mistake but he needs to drive at the full back a few times and take people on. Very important few months for him coming up I feel.

I’m one who’s been saying Palmer could be as effective as Foden. He played like he was frightened to make a mistake.

Laporte is very important in how we build up. His influence on attacking is way more than we give him credits for. Compare to the previous games, see how many good balls the left hand side received? Grealish and Foden never got one chance in the previous games when Ake was the handler of ball... You will notice how frequent wingers passing back when receiving a ball from Ake...

Laporte CB + Ake LB and occasionally exchange their position when building up. May be a very good balance for the upcoming fixtures. Cancelo + Laporte we are too exposed on defending. Ake + other LCB it is too slow and unimaginative.

Can someone explain to me I was thinking when I watching the game what would have happened pre penalty when play was allowed to continue
If alverez was to of scored and then afterwards the penalty check what would have happened.
Would the goal be wiped out in favour of the penalty awarded?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.