Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

2 years ago when last game of the PL was City-Villa, we are down 1-2 and throw on Gundogan who scored a brace and won us the title, who the fuck would we send in now to win a game like that? if todays game was a title decider, sending on Bernardo and maybe Nunes would have been the fix?

we need to improve the squad, refresh it as well, but also make it much stronger quality wise, not just the squad but the first eleven. get 1-2 players at least who walks into the line up and improves it.

sadly Gvardiol, Doku, Nunes, Kovacic, none of them is an improvement yet. Gvardiol at LB aint an improvement on Delph, Mendy, Ake etc. he might become a legendary CB for us in time, he was clearly highly rated at Leipzig, still in trasition mode with City. want to see him as a CB in the future rather than an LB spending most of his time on the opposite half with clearly no skills to beat a defender or put in a strong accurate cross. he is the inverse of Cancelo as an LB. Cancelo could skin a fullback, get inside the box, even score a few goals, long shots, put in some amazing crosses/through balls, but rather shit defender. asking Gvardiol to play this (offensive LB role) would be like asking Cancelo to play CB.

Doku great dribbler, but very raw, inconsistent, off the ball lot of ways to improve, he is given more game time than expected imo mainly due to we lost an experienced Mahrez, a huge talent Palmer (whose numbers at Chelsea so far pissing all over Doku's or Grealish's number this season) and Grealish form fell off a cliff.
Kovacic is ok, but not a gamechanger by any means. no goals, no assists, adds a bit of control, but hard to decide if he makes us any better also a sicknote quite often. Nunes hardly trusted, hard to say why we bought him. doesnt look as much out of place as Phillips but does not get much more plying time than he did.

this summer transfer window did not help us, we did not plan well, too much ad hoc we my have not planned properly, wanted Bellingham and in that hope we were ok Gundo to go, but then Bellingham fucked us off and we wanted Gundo to change his mind too late, we probably had not seen the Saudi transfers and them taking Mahrez off of us, but then also letting Palmer go and get Doku, is not something made us stronger in any way.

Without a doubt our squad is weaker than last season in both quality and experience. I fear that will mean we miss out when the trophies are being handed out at the end of the season. Of course our strongest first eleven gives us a chance but how often do we get to play them?

It’s staggering for me how Pep must believe it works I feel for the guys as he is making them look poor players
I really feel sorry for Alvarez.He is a very good player and when Haaland was out injured, he stepped up and scored some good goals. He looks lost in midfield and uncomfortable in that role. I think that we would be better either resting Haaland for a couple of games to let him play up front or use him as an impact sub. He has certainly not become a poor player in the space of a couple of weeks.

At least we are dropping points with Rodri in the team now so aren't as reliable on him as before. Progress.

I’m sorry but Walker went walkabout and was at fault. His job was to block any cross, not be legging after Sterling after being way out of position.

And, while on the subject of KW, why on earth did he let another player run all the way down the sideline without even jockeying him, let alone tackling him? Did he learn nothing from the Newcastle game?

Lastly, why on earth is he taking a shot from 25-30 yards in the closing seconds of the game? I think he’s scored 1 or 2, maybe 3 if I’m forgetting one, in all his time here!
He was caught in no man’s land. Easy to blame Walker when he’s last man. Watch the goal again… Dias and KDB both make errors on the halfway line. The second point.. not sure what you’re referring to in today’s game.
He’s got 6 goals in total, though just 3 in the league

He was caught in no man’s land. Easy to blame Walker when he’s last man. Watch the goal again… Dias and KDB both make errors on the halfway line. The second point.. not sure what you’re referring to in today’s game.
He’s got 6 goals in total, though just 3 in the league
It's 'easy' to blame Walker because he's quite literally only playing because of his defensive 'ability', but when he's letting a former teammate and well-known one-footed player back onto his right foot and falling on his ass in the process, yes, it's easy to blame him and rightfully so. He's been shit all season.

And no, I'm not just saying this because he's an awful person off the pitch. Before he was given a new deal, I said it was the perfect time to go our separate ways.

This brings up my question as to why Pep all of a sudden feels the need to constantly play Walker and Alvarez despite not playing the former at all and bringing on the latter seemingly without any doubt when KDB got hurt in the CL final last season.

Most of the these fans will not survive when we inevitable will have our own droughts of throphyless season for decades.
What does that have to do with playing Alvarez and Akanji in the midfield? We can cross that bridge when and if we have to but in the meantime there are more trophies to be won and playing guys in positions where they're not helping the cause is a valid reason for some of us to be dismayed. It has nothing to do with how successful we are or have been...So because we won a treble Pep should move Phil back out wide, play Alvarez as an AM, and slide Akanji into the backside of our midfield? Where is the logic in any of that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.