Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

It's 'easy' to blame Walker because he's quite literally only playing because of his defensive 'ability', but when he's letting a former teammate and well-known one-footed player back onto his right foot and falling on his ass in the process, yes, it's easy to blame him and rightfully so. He's been shit all season.

And no, I'm not just saying this because he's an awful person off the pitch. Before he was given a new deal, I said it was the perfect time to go our separate ways.

This brings up my question as to why Pep all of a sudden feels the need to constantly play Walker and Alvarez despite not playing the former at all and bringing on the latter seemingly without any doubt when KDB got hurt in the CL final last season.
Walker on balance blows right now, simple as...there I fucking said it...

It's 'easy' to blame Walker because he's quite literally only playing because of his defensive 'ability', but when he's letting a former teammate and well-known one-footed player back onto his right foot and falling on his ass in the process, yes, it's easy to blame him and rightfully so. He's been shit all season.

And no, I'm not just saying this because he's an awful person off the pitch. Before he was given a new deal, I said it was the perfect time to go our separate ways.

This brings up my question as to why Pep all of a sudden feels the need to constantly play Walker and Alvarez despite not playing the former at all and bringing on the latter seemingly without any doubt when KDB got hurt in the CL final last season.
Complete nonsense

Walker on balance blows right now, simple as...there I fucking said it...
There's no need for," There, I fucking said it..."- it's evident to anyone with eyes that he's been awful versus anyone with a competent attack. Blues saying 'he's back' after games versus Burnley and Copenhagen made me laugh. If Rico Lewis was playing as he has been, he'd been getting shit on.

At least, the former would be giving us SOMETHING from an attacking POV.

Honestly, it’s pure bias if you think that’s a pen. Walker stuck his leg infront of Sterling as he was running. What do people expect to happen? Of course they were going to trip up. But the trip is manufactured by Walker. If you remove the blue specs this is literally what happened.
A couple of seasons ago, Walker did that in our penalty area. The ref blew and awarded the pen against us and if I'm not mistaken, gave Walker a red card. VAR reviewed it and turned the decision around.

Without a doubt our squad is weaker than last season in both quality and experience. I fear that will mean we miss out when the trophies are being handed out at the end of the season. Of course our strongest first eleven gives us a chance but how often do we get to play them?
There's a big difference between our best XI and some of the bizarre lineups Pep insists on choosing from time to time wouldn't you say? That's what I thought...

There's a big difference between our best XI and some of the bizarre lineups Pep insists on choosing from time to time wouldn't you say? That's what I thought...

His hand is often tied with injuries and to be fair we usually prevail whatever the lineup. He needs to get back to the formation and tactics that finished the run in last season.

I’m refer to the season not just this game the best we’ve played lately is when Akanji wasn’t available for Pep’s experiment , this is entirely down to Pep and not Akanji who is our best defender
Sorry. Akanji best defender is a myth. Stones is twice the defender that Akanji is or ever will be. Ake is a better centre half too. I don’t think Akanji can head a ball either. He’s very easily beaten in the air. A fundamental skill required in a top class centre half.

Good squad defender and serviceable. Absolute steal of a purchase at 14M. Top personality too. But let’s not kid ourselves that he’s the best defender we have.

Having said that he’s twice the defender than he is a midfielder!

Complacent. Lazy. Cowardly
The shithouses bottled it
A disgusting and shameful performance
Ake was the only 6, everyone else a 4
Angry at that rank cowardice from the shithouse tarts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.