Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

He was caught in no man’s land. Easy to blame Walker when he’s last man. Watch the goal again… Dias and KDB both make errors on the halfway line.

He should never be caught in no man’s land. In the two, he was the right sided defender, but got sucked over to the left. We had two players closing down the ball with Sterling in acres of space…because Walker was on walkabout!

The second point.. not sure what you’re referring to in today’s game.
He’s got 6 goals in total, though just 3 in the league

I’m talking about him taking a flyer on a 25+ yard “piledriver” that sailed over the bar in the dying minutes!

The biggest problem in our team right now is the entire right flank. Our right wingers all want to play inside, which in itself is not an issue as the simple fix is to have our right back provide the width to allow those right wingers that love to play inside to actually roam centrally. But our right back is Kyle Walker. So we’re fucked. This is the main problem right now. How we ended the summer with the squad so imbalanced is beyond me. We move Mahrez and Palmer on, don’t sign a right winger, then a solution presents itself in that Walker decides he’s going to Bayern, meaning we can part ways and bring in a full back that is adept at being the main source of width, solving the issue. But instead, we move heaven and earth to get him to stay, extend his deal until he’s 90, vote him club fucking captain and seemingly an auto starter every game. Despite him not being able to offer what our current shape needs from its right back. It’s all our own doing really. The summer was a shambles as we pretty much self-sabotaged our squad.

Last edited:
We cant keep insisting Rodri plays 100 minutes twice a week like that the bloke will burn out.
You could add Kev into that too.
Not sure how and when we rest them but at the business end coming we need these boys as fresh as we can get them.
I'm not too concerned about Kev this season as he's just got back from injury, but he shouldn't be playing every game yet.

Our reliance on Rodri scares the hell out of me every season.
The fact that we haven't got someone who can step in and is trusted to do a competent job for us is ridiculous really.
If we lose him for any length of time we're fucked, as we've already seen this season!

Maybe we should try Kovacic there alongside Bernie/Nunes and Phil and see how that goes??

99% of the time Pep is the best in the world and I never want him to leave but this idea that Akanji can do what Stones can do has to stop. He's a great CB but he's fucking awful when he steps into midfield and it leaves Diaz who has no pace in no man's land I love Pep but I'm tired of seeing teams exploit this. We could have easily lost this game,and we can blame the players all we like but as long as Pep keeps playing this tactic with a player that has shown constantly can't adapt we'll keep on being exposed,we're lucky we didn't lose because Poch exploited Peps stubbornerss, and with a striker would have won easily.But I love Pep and never want him to go,I just wish after this game only Jonny Boulders can play that way.

The biggest problem in our team right now is the entire right flank. Our right wingers all want to play inside, which in itself is not an issue as the simple fix is to have our right back provide the width to allow those right wingers that love to play inside to actually roam centrally. But our right back is Kyle Walker. So we’re fucked. This is the main problem right now. How we ended the summer with the squad so imbalanced is beyond me. We move Mahrez and Palmer on, don’t sign a right winger, then a solution presents itself in that Walker decides he’s going to Bayern, meaning we can part ways and bring in a full back that is adept at being the main source of width, solving the issue. But instead, we move heaven and earth to get him to stay, extend his deal until he’s 90, vote him club fucking captain and seeimingly an auto starter every game. Despite him not being able to offer what our current shape needs from its right back. It’s all our own doing really. The summer was a shambles as we pretty much self-sabotaged our squad.
I agree with that.

Walker has played too much football imo ( like Alvarez) and with the long term injuries to Stones, and Akanji's been out too, and the fact that he's Captain means you can't drop him for Rico, means he had to play.

With already having sold Mahrez, the decision to get rid of Palmer is looking worse every game. I thought Ake played well against him today but he still managed to play some nice balls. The laugh is is that he would of seen a lot of time this season and if he had played for us as well as he has for them, we'd be well on our way to winning the league already.

We need to either see if Doku can play there or buy in the summer.

I would go for Neto from Wolves, he's fast and has got an end product. I think Pep would turn him into a star and if we had him and Doku, Pep could go back to having us playing like the Centurion season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.