Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

The biggest problem in our team right now is the entire right flank. Our right wingers all want to play inside, which in itself is not an issue as the simple fix is to have our right back provide the width to allow those right wingers that love to play inside to actually roam centrally. But our right back is Kyle Walker. So we’re fucked. This is the main problem right now. How we ended the summer with the squad so imbalanced is beyond me. We move Mahrez and Palmer on, don’t sign a right winger, then a solution presents itself in that Walker decides he’s going to Bayern, meaning we can part ways and bring in a full back that is adept at being the main source of width, solving the issue. But instead, we move heaven and earth to get him to stay, extend his deal until he’s 90, vote him club fucking captain and seemingly an auto starter every game. Despite him not being able to offer what our current shape needs from its right back. It’s all our own doing really. The summer was a shambles as we pretty much self-sabotaged our squad.
Walker has cost us four points v Palace and Chelsea with horrendous defending and two blunders v Newcastle put us in a big hole , which wee Bobb dug us out of

Walker has cost us four points v Palace and Chelsea with horrendous defending and two blunders v Newcastle put us in a big hole , which wee Bobb dug us out of
Grow up you child Muppet. We lost but think about how many games Walker won for us,how many titles we've won because of him .Shit happens but don't ever slag him off because he's been awesome for us .

Sadly a rapidly fading force and a position that needs addressing in the summer, along with our chronic lack of pace , especially in midfield.

Pep has produced a quite incredible team, which amazingly could and should get considerably better.

There's no need for," There, I fucking said it..."- it's evident to anyone with eyes that he's been awful versus anyone with a competent attack. Blues saying 'he's back' after games versus Burnley and Copenhagen made me laugh. If Rico Lewis was playing as he has been, he'd been getting shit on.

At least, the former would be giving us SOMETHING from an attacking POV.
It was simply piss poor defending by Walker, incredibly naive to allow Sterling to get a shot in, he was done like a kipper, good and proper.

Admittedly, you’ve been hugely successful this last decade and to be fair, I’ve really enjoyed the quality of football you’ve played. I suppose my favourite City team was when Aguero and Silva were in the team. Sublime stuff. However, nothing lasts forever, dynasties come and go and I might be proven wrong but I feel yours is coming to an end.

Nothing against City, per se, but it’s hard to maintain that consistency for years.

I applaud your style of football and the success it brought but to be honest, you are Johnny Come Latelys…you still lag the legacy of the ‘Red Shirts’. Where were you pre 2012?
Arsenal fans - GIF - Imgur

It’s staggering for me how Pep must believe it works I feel for the guys as he is making them look poor players
Has to be down to managing the amount of minutes the players get to play, protecting the like of Stones , Bernardo and KDB but to allow arguably the most inform player in the PL to be stuck out wide on the RW and hardly seeing the ball is plain weird.

And don't mention Rodri up against 3 players at times and 3 players with serious pace that caused huge problems on the counter.

How it started:

4 points off top with a game in hand is hardly the end of the world but reading some of the negativity on here, admittedly, I’m new to this forum but heavens, get a grip…you‘re City FFS

How it ended:

I applaud your style of football and the success it brought but to be honest, you are Johnny Come Latelys…you still lag the legacy of the ‘Red Shirts’. Where were you pre 2012?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.