Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Still in with a shout at the FA Cup and deep into the Champions League and still a great chance of the league which would be 4 on the trot, a feat no other Premier League club has ever done. There is a good reason for that especially after winning 5 trophies in less than 12 months, It`s been impossible to achieve. If we do achieve it we will be undeniable the best team these islands have ever had.

Off day for Erling seemed to have lost his shooting boots for the day. with them on that could of been a walk over.

I think we could look back at this Chelsea game as a wake up call and a kick up the arse to invigorate this team to its very best heights.
I bloody hope so, we start off far too slow and only seemed to step up when we went behind, I’ll be pissed off I we don’t put Brentford to the sword and I mean if we get 2 up we don’t go for the jugular, it could all boil down to goal difference looking at the league this year, if we had played Liverpool yestday with their break away Salah would’ve scored a shit load could job Jackson is crap.

Imagine Gvardiol played like Ake last night. He would have been slaughtered for his performance, as 90% of their attacks went through Ake's zone.

Not saying Ake was poor!

Only that people judge performances on the basis of their preferences and prejudices. 'Gvardiol isn't a LB, so he must be at fault for attacks in that zone. Ake is a top defender, so he can't be at fault.'

Same with Doku. The other attacking players were worse last night, but it's Doku's fault that we didn't score more goals.

The new players are easy targets.
Some people might miss your point, but I fully agree. Ake did very well yesterday, but if it was Gvardiol playing, people would judge him based on the fact that 90% of attacks were in that zone, and they were, if not more. They would be saying stuff like he must be bad because everything goes through that area, or why didn't he stop them? Some might deny it, but Gvardiol has been scapegoated countless times despite performing on a more or less excellent standard.
1708244074258.png

Our back 4 should consist of Stones, Dias, Ake, and Gvardiol. That's my opinion, anyway.

Ake saved us countless times yesterday recovering and stopping their breaks while the other 3 defenders stood and watched, he was our best player yesterday

People wouldn't say that about Gvardiol if 90% of the attacks were through his zone. Chelsea played balls behind Ake's back time and again and had a field day in his zone.

Again, I don't say it's Ake's fault. Only that Gvardiol would have been blamed for it. People tend to notice what confirms their (simplistic) opinions. They notice the attacks Ake stops and fail to notice those for which his positioning might have been suspect...But they would have noticed all the attacks Gvardiol hadn't stopped, while having failed to see the good things he did. Games of (biased) opinions.

I bloody hope so, we start off far too slow and only seemed to step up when we went behind, I’ll be pissed off I we don’t put Brentford to the sword and I mean if we get 2 up we don’t go for the jugular, it could all boil down to goal difference looking at the league this year, if we had played Liverpool yestday with their break away Salah would’ve scored a shit load could job Jackson is crap.

We`ll probably all be pissed if we don`t win at home to Brentford and delighted if we win. It`s what being a supporter of a team is all about. 14 games to go for us 13 for Arsenal and liverpool, no need to get overly upset, my money is still on City.

Just watched the highlights and I reckon the handball at the end is a penalty.
Agree the Chelsea player moved his arm towards the ball , if that was at Klanfield or Emirates its a penalty or they risk the wrath of Klippety and Legohead and their clubs writing a stiff letter to Webb and the PGMOL.
Because we do not complain about ref decisions like the Goons & Dippers do after most games we are treated as a meek football club who will not rock the boat which gives referee's and VAR the freedom to screw us over.
Legohead & Klippety are the biggest whingers after games but they know the reaction they are seeking Pep and our club say nothing after games about shite decisions , the dye is cast.

Wow will Rodders be getting into trouble with the FA after his remarks in the BBC MOTD interview about the referees?
“I don’t wanna talk about the ref but I don’t remember a game with so many VAR challenges. No one is for us, … always move on, move on”.

Well said Rodri. I’m with you. Don’t care what the pundits said on MOTD. I agree about the Walker/Sterling one but the shirt pulling and pushing in the box should have been a penalty in my opinion.

Plus what’s with the angst about that team from the wrong end of the East Lancs and their injuries? Don’t remember them fretting about our injuries to that extent.

People wouldn't say that about Gvardiol if 90% of the attacks were through his zone. Chelsea played balls behind Ake's back time and again and had a field day in his zone.

Again, I don't say it's Ake's fault. Only that Gvardiol would have been blamed for it. People tend to notice what confirms their (simplistic) opinions. They notice the attacks Ake stops and fail to notice those for which his positioning might have been suspect...But they would have noticed all the attacks Gvardiol hadn't stopped, while having failed to see the good things he did. Games of (biased) opinions.
Everyone in the stadium had Ake as MOM and also would have had Gvardiol if he had put the same performance in, people aren't as stupid or lack football understanding as you are making out.

One of those days. There have already been more if these days.

Chelsea home and away
Pool at Home
spurs home
Palace home
Villa away
Wolves away
None of those matches were off days , we outplayed and deserved to win every single game check the stats apart from Villa away were they played us off the park for ninety minutes and lucky we only lost 0-1.

Some people might miss your point, but I fully agree. Ake did very well yesterday, but if it was Gvardiol playing, people would judge him based on the fact that 90% of attacks were in that zone, and they were, if not more. They would be saying stuff like he must be bad because everything goes through that area, or why didn't he stop them? Some might deny it, but Gvardiol has been scapegoated countless times despite performing on a more or less excellent standard.
View attachment 107405

Our back 4 should consist of Stones, Dias, Ake, and Gvardiol. That's my opinion, anyway.
21 years old in his 1st season at a new team in a new league and still showing more that that useless twat Zinchenko who was caught at the seen of the accident more than any other player we`ve had in years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.