Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

May I just put in a quick plea for understanding for Erling please?

Can we remember that yesterday he may have been distracted because his Gran died and I think the funeral was yesterday. He might have wanted to be at the funeral.
According to reports he didn't take any time off, he played in the Everton match and the Copenhagen game. So can we cut him a little slack? :-)

May I just put in a quick plea for understanding for Erling please?

Can we remember that yesterday he may have been distracted because his Gran died and I think the funeral was yesterday. He might have wanted to be at the funeral.
According to reports he didn't take any time off, he played in the Everton match and the Copenhagen game. So can we cut him a little slack? :-)
I’m surprised none of the media have picked it up especially on sky this morning criticising his game.

Danny Dipping Murphy "both decisions correct" Quelle Surprise.

No thought of Walker using his leg to shield the ball and keep Sterling away from it, that's what he did for me and was not looking to instigate a Penalty.
Happens all the time and Sterling at fault for catching him.
Brought down plain and simple by Sterling! Penalty all day long.

The handball, they ignored the fact he was moving is arm down after he had pulled Dias over.
Nothing to do with the defender not knowing where the ball was when he knocked it away.
Just after Dias flattened then the ball spins just wide off their defender.

Extremely unlucky not to win that yesterday and they were lucky to get a point.

The worst miss for Erl was that header second half where he seemed to get under it when there was no need.
The other chances he was under high balls and couldn't keep them down.

As ever, when we don't win it's because of how well the oppo plated, bollocks. They had breakaway chances and couldn't finish them and had all the luck in the world at the back and the officials onside to make sure.

Couple of our chances go in and no one is criticising our performance yesterday, it could have been 6 - 2.

Let's see Chelsea crowing next Sunday when they get stitched up again in the Final against Levelling Up FC.

It did seem that we weren't going to get the rub of the green in the PA last night. The number of times the ball fell just short of a good chance. Anyway, onwards and upwards. Still confident :)

We have a small squad of elite players, supported by a small number of good players but no bad players.

Overall it is a not a squad full of elite players.

watch this same Chelsea concede 3-4 next weekend vs dippers, also watch the ref give out yellow and warning to Caicedo to stop with his yellow card worthy faults in first 20 mins and probably award an easy pen for lesser fault than we got no pens yesterday.
and also Sterling to miss a bigger chance than he scored against us, he always shits the bed vs the dippers.

If we stopped winning things today, I'm confident in saying you wouldn't find many of us on opposition forums in 20 years spouting about legacies and how we still deserve it. That's what sorts the wheat from the chaff, what more could we possibly need to feed our ego, we've won the fucking lot and done some of it in unimaginable, fantasy circumstances.

Not a bad result in the grand scheme, keeps the unbeaten run going, we played mid-week CL going good there. Win on Tuesday has us right up Liverpool's arse.

I didn’t. I mentioned 3 of the best games being draws. Liverpool, Tottenham and now Chelsea.

I think you presumed I meant Chelsea away.

I find most of our home games a bit dull due to teams parking buses and us taking the foot off the gas nowadays when we go 2 in front. Those three didn’t and it makes for a better spectacle even if the result didn’t go our way.
Fair enough I presumed you meant Chelsea away, I didn’t think the Everton game was dull even though they parked two buses that game. I’m just hoping we score an early goal on Tuesday so we’re not in for another long night.

Danny Dipping Murphy "both decisions correct" Quelle Surprise.

. . . . . . .
My ERO watched MotD last night and texted me this:

Looked like two pens to me. The MOTD team were trying to overturn their own previously held positions on things like getting in front of a player for a foul and inadvertent handballs! One week it’s “by the letter of the law it’s a pen” and the next it’s “we don’t want to see pens given for that”

Next pen shout at Anfield will be in the 'letter of the law' section.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.