Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Admittedly, you’ve been hugely successful this last decade and to be fair, I’ve really enjoyed the quality of football you’ve played. I suppose my favourite City team was when Aguero and Silva were in the team. Sublime stuff. However, nothing lasts forever, dynasties come and go and I might be proven wrong but I feel yours is coming to an end.

Nothing against City, per se, but it’s hard to maintain that consistency for years.

I applaud your style of football and the success it brought but to be honest, you are Johnny Come Latelys…you still lag the legacy of the ‘Red Shirts’. Where were you pre 2012?
What you mean, which is what every plastic red shirt means, is the City were a bit shit when you were growing up. That doesn’t mean we didn’t have success before you got into football you fuckwit.

The summer buys are coming back to bite us on the arse I'd say. We bought two 'potentials' in Doku and Gvardiol and two experienced 'Pl ready' players in Kovacic and Nunes. Of the four you have to say Doku has made the most impact but he clearly needs both time and further coaching to fit in with our team approach. Gvardiol has barely played in his actual position but you can say he isn't up to the mark as a makeshift left back. Judgement can only be made when / if he gets a run as a CB.

More worrying is the lack of game time and impact of both Kovacic and Nunes. The game clearly showed that we had a major issue in midfield but Pep didn't feel that Kovacic was part of the solution. Nunes barely plays and already I'm getting Phillips type vibes that he will never be more than a very occasional bit part player. Add to that the on loan Phillips and the invisible Gomez and the squad is ridiculously light for the competitions we are going for. Rodri ran himself into the ground yesterday and he can't keep up the crazy workload he has surely?

But we are the Champions of England right now, The champions of Europe right now, The champions of the World right now. Please Respect that one of the Premier League's best football club right now is flying the flag in world football.

Or piss off and go and wind up somebody else
Check out Apocryphal in the dictionary, seems like an apt username to me :-)

Admittedly, you’ve been hugely successful this last decade and to be fair, I’ve really enjoyed the quality of football you’ve played. I suppose my favourite City team was when Aguero and Silva were in the team. Sublime stuff. However, nothing lasts forever, dynasties come and go and I might be proven wrong but I feel yours is coming to an end.

Nothing against City, per se, but it’s hard to maintain that consistency for years.

I applaud your style of football and the success it brought but to be honest, you are Johnny Come Latelys…you still lag the legacy of the ‘Red Shirts’. Where were you pre 2012?
And where were you in 1904? I think you are just another recentist!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.