Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

It honestly amazes me we are where we are in the league, it feels as if we have been right off it for much of the season, maybe its just me ha

We have, it's been a real slog aside from a few games and not very enjoyable given the usual standards we've set. Our rivals have stuttered a bit too which is why we're still in the mix. Infuriatingly we seem to be making the same mistakes defensively every game. So far we've managed to outscore the opposition but yesterday it caught up with us. If we don't tighten up March is going to be pretty nail biting to say the least and as Pep says, "We'll have to be prepared to suffer"

Looking at it and how we played first half and how Chelsea played the game like a final they'll be playing next week it was a good point! What is there 13/14 games left? More teams will drop points especially in the last 8/6 games if the season.

I’m refer to the season not just this game the best we’ve played lately is when Akanji wasn’t available for Pep’s experiment , this is entirely down to Pep and not Akanji who is our best defender

He really really isn't. He might look like it because he does more TV tackles than the rest, but thats because he's usually diving in when he shouldn't, or has been caught out of position. Our best defender, by a country mile, is Ake

We look far more solid at the back end of last season with the Akanji, Dias, Ake and Stones back 4. I thought with Walker linked with Bayern he had his mind set on something similar this season but obviously not the case. Lets be honest Walker is still probably better than 90% of other right backs in the league but games against the bigger teams who come to have a go are so end to end when hes on the pitch. We seem to lose control.

Fair play to Chelsea i was impressed with them. Thought Gusto and Chilwell bombing forward caused us so many problems.

We move on. Win every game and we win the league. Still in our hands.

Imagine Gvardiol played like Ake last night. He would have been slaughtered for his performance, as 90% of their attacks went through Ake's zone.

Not saying Ake was poor!

Only that people judge performances on the basis of their preferences and prejudices. 'Gvardiol isn't a LB, so he must be at fault for attacks in that zone. Ake is a top defender, so he can't be at fault.'

Same with Doku. The other attacking players were worse last night, but it's Doku's fault that we didn't score more goals.

The new players are easy targets.
Ake saved us countless times yesterday recovering and stopping their breaks while the other 3 defenders stood and watched, he was our best player yesterday

It honestly amazes me we are where we are in the league, it feels as if we have been right off it for much of the season, maybe its just me ha

Still in with a shout at the FA Cup and deep into the Champions League and still a great chance of the league which would be 4 on the trot, a feat no other Premier League club has ever done. There is a good reason for that especially after winning 5 trophies in less than 12 months, It`s been impossible to achieve. If we do achieve it we will be undeniable the best team these islands have ever had.

Off day for Erling seemed to have lost his shooting boots for the day. with them on that could of been a walk over.

I think we could look back at this Chelsea game as a wake up call and a kick up the arse to invigorate this team to its very best heights.

Akanji clearly can’t play the Stones role and looked off it all game for me, Alvarez seems to do very little when playing off Haaland and Phil was wasted stuck out on the wing meanwhile Doku is very frustrating and reminds me so much of the lad that scored for Chelsea…

I think Pep got it wrong yesterday with his selection/formation but we still had enough to win and had we taken our chances he’d have been lauded as a genius.

Just got to get back on the ‘oss and make sure we beat Brentford, the dippers and the arse will slip up again I’m sure.

Sorry, but this is all on Pep, soon as I saw that team I knew we were fucked. Rest Stones and Bernardo in game vs Brentford. Why the fuck would you put Foden super glued to right touch line against Chelsea to accommodate Alvarez?

Title is gone , because arsenal and Liverpool will take some stopping.
Good one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.